Gaming Which Video Card Is Better

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is a slim chance that it will work, as the 4670 is fairly low on power consumption, but my money would be on no. There can be a variety of things that happens when your power supply isn't powerful enough for your components; oftentimes, components will decrease in performance or stop working altogether. I would advise purchasing a new power supply

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so lets say it does work and i have about 40W left in the computer and im playing GRID will this affect my computer with only about 40W left in it

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic209 said:
This is the video card i have right now which is really lame Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 128mb
I have a NVIDIA 6150LE, which is better? Well, what kind of games can you play on that? I can play games on the HL2 source engine (HL2, CSS, Portal....well.....sort of) and anything bellow that, It has some troble playing Halo 1 though but nothing with far cry 1. Still a shitty card. I have a 8600gt xxx editionn but I can't install it cus I just found up my PSU can't power it and my computer up. It's short like 100W.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Dec 29 2008, 08:03 AM) it just wont turn on
or will but no video display
This is what happened to me, my compuster won't start. It's just a black screen

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Firstly.

Recommended wattages aren't very precise. In fact, you should pay more attention to the amperage of your power supply rather than wattage. Either way, your PSU is only meant to run what you have right now, no expansions.

I would invest in a quality PSU, namely one branded Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone, or FSP Group/Sparkle.

Now, back to your card. 4670 is a relatively low-power card, (It does not need an external PCI-E power cable) meaning that you should be fine with the PSU that you have now, but I would still strongly advise you to get a budget PSU such as Corsair 400W, Seasonic 400W or FSP 400W.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seedvt said:
Now, back to your card. 4670 is a relatively low-power card, (It does not need an external PCI-E power cable) meaning that you should be fine with the PSU that you have now, but I would still strongly advise you to get a budget PSU such as
but why get a better one when i have one that meets the needs for the video card and are you sure it will work because i will be so happy if it worked perfectly

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonic209 said:
seedvt said:
Now, back to your card. 4670 is a relatively low-power card, (It does not need an external PCI-E power cable) meaning that you should be fine with the PSU that you have now, but I would still strongly advise you to get a budget PSU such as
but why get a better one when i have one that meets the needs for the video card and are you sure it will work because i will be so happy if it worked perfectly

PSU failures can do some nasty things to the rest of your PC.

You're much better off getting a reputable power supply than some no name junk that they usually give in pre-builts.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seedvt said:
sonic209 said:
seedvt said:

PSU failures can do some nasty things to the rest of your PC.

You're much better off getting a reputable power supply than some no name junk that they usually give in pre-builts.
what kind of nasty things,nothing that can damage my computer right
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?