Hacking Which version am I running?

theman060606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the relatively noob question, but I have a bunch of backups which won't run. Before I start hacking away with version patching I want to make sure I am running the latest wiigator loader. I have a channel but the channel pic doesn't state whether the loader is beta or gamma. When I use the "About"
menu in config, no version is stated. How can I confirm the version?
A followup, if I have the beta version as I suspect, can I install the gamma version (and its associated IOS) alongside the beta version? Since most backups are working I'd like to avoid any uninstallations if possible. I am on 3.3U.
Thanks.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did anyone even make beta channels? I guess its possible they did but why?
tongue.gif
Most before gamma sucked. Sorry I cant add anything positive but I think most likely you have gamma.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Did anyone even make beta channels? I guess its possible they did but why?
tongue.gif
Most before gamma sucked. Sorry I cant add anything positive but I think most likely you have gamma.

Yep, I had one.

@OP: Start the launcher and go into the config menu. Look for the word gamma.

theman060606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll look tonight when I get home. I'd swear that I didn't see the word Gamma on that config menu. In case I don't see it and want to be sure, is there any where else I can look? Do both loaders use the same IOS? Can I look for something definitive on my Sd card that would tell me for sure? Thanks.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
you could type the name of the wad you installed into the search funtion here or even google and see if the threads state gamma or betta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...