Which version am I running?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by theman060606, Dec 16, 2008.

1. theman060606
    OP

theman060606 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    Sorry for the relatively noob question, but I have a bunch of backups which won't run. Before I start hacking away with version patching I want to make sure I am running the latest wiigator loader. I have a channel but the channel pic doesn't state whether the loader is beta or gamma. When I use the "About"
    menu in config, no version is stated. How can I confirm the version?
    A followup, if I have the beta version as I suspect, can I install the gamma version (and its associated IOS) alongside the beta version? Since most backups are working I'd like to avoid any uninstallations if possible. I am on 3.3U.
    Thanks.

2. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Did anyone even make beta channels? I guess its possible they did but why? [​IMG] Most before gamma sucked. Sorry I cant add anything positive but I think most likely you have gamma.

3. zerof

zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
    Yep, I had one.

@OP: Start the launcher and go into the config menu. Look for the word gamma.

4. theman060606
    OP

theman060606 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    Thanks, I'll look tonight when I get home. I'd swear that I didn't see the word Gamma on that config menu. In case I don't see it and want to be sure, is there any where else I can look? Do both loaders use the same IOS? Can I look for something definitive on my Sd card that would tell me for sure? Thanks.

5. nutta_nic

nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2008
    you could type the name of the wad you installed into the search funtion here or even google and see if the threads state gamma or betta