Which two 3DS games should I get?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by TrainerAbu, Mar 25, 2011.

Mar 25, 2011
  1. TrainerAbu
    OP

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was getting 3DS with no games, but now that amazon has them 3 3DS deals, I want two 3DS games.

Do I get Tom Claney (NO IDEA who that is's) Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (NO IDEA what that means,) I like advance wars type of games but SUCK at them, I CAN NOT GET PAST mission 10 or so in Advance Wars DS and had to use Action Replay to get past a very early mission in the next one, but I love those games as long as they're super super cartoony and Nintendo-like and not all dark and realistic and xbox-y. ? !

Or is Ridge Racer 3D still as bad as it was when people first played it for the very first time where they said the car was in front and the background wasn't and they said it just looked sloppy and is some iphone port or somethin?

or or ... what T_T....

I SUCK at fighting games HORRIBLY, so I don't think I want SSFIV, the only reason I would want it is for the 3D cover thing...

Sims 3 I would LOVE, but I hear frame rates suck so no thanks there..

and my eyes are killing me, I have huge x's made out of red veins in my eyes, I live with my mom and just play my Wii on my 55" TV all day and my eyes are killing me like a maniac, so I too lazy to read DS reviews now, I had to cover my eyes and massage them like 30 times when writing this.

So what're good 3DS games and why?

2. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I got myself Pilotwings and Ridge Racer and I'm enjoying them both so far. OK, so they don't have the best graphics ever, but they're great fun, which is more important. Only problem I had with either was a little trouble getting Ridge Racer's 3D effects to focus, but that turned out to be the way I was sitting rather than any fault on the game's part [​IMG]

3. MaGosT

Member MaGosT GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    maybe you should let your eyes have some days off instead of getting even more strain on them with the 3D feature of the 3DS...

incase you do get some games, plx post pictures of ur exploded eyeballs [​IMG]

4. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well the launch games are not a super lineup but I like Street-fighter (because I always liked fighting games) and Rayman (I played many of the old ones and enjoyed them) and I can't remember the name of It but It's some kinda sub underwater game that looked interesting and fun and heard good things about. I would have said possibly Pilot-wings but I already played It for an hour or so at the store and It's decent but plays more like a demo then a game. That's about It till June.\

P.S. Sounds like your need to unplug for awhile TrainerAbu and MaGosT that was a funny ass reply.

5. Nottulys

Member Nottulys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Samurai Warriors?

6. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I'll be getting Street Fighter and Ridge Racer. If you want to read reviews, go here.

7. TrainerAbu
    OP

United States
    I've been trying to sleep at night for the past month, but dang it bobbeh, it's hard to sleep, I keep thinking in bed from 1am to 7am and then the light is out and I suck at sleeping with the light out. And now, I gotta stay up to watch Reggie on Jimmy Fallon tonight on meh HDTV, hopefully I'll be able to sleep afterwards. Yesterday night, I was so excited for the 3DS after reading the entire Iwata Asks about it before bed and couldn't sleep >w

8. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    PilotWings, a great game for showing off the 3D effect to friends and family.
    Samurai Warriors, a hack n slash Action RPG that'll keep you occupied for a long long time until the better games release.
    Ridge Racer, racing game. If you're into racing games, (I'm not, with the exceptions of Gran Turismo and Burnout) get it. It should last you almost as long as Samurai Warriors.

9. TrainerAbu
    OP

United States
    I couldn't tell the difference in WuHu island in 3D or 2D when I played it at Best Buy, I had 3D on 100% with my super red veiny eyes and could barely focus at all and kept turning 3D on and off trying to see the difference.

When I played it a second time to play Face Raiders, I was more impressed with the 3DS, though.

I'm thinking of maybe Samurai Warriors and maybe Steel Diver perhaps, but I really don't know yet.

And does Ridge Racer suck? I thought when it was very first shown it sucked, and I heard something about it being some iPhone port or something with a new level or something.

10. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    I think you should get Rayman and Samurai Warriors. That's what I'm getting.

11. lithium210

Member lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not making fun of you but i think you need an eye doctor instead of trying to buy a 3DS. Those eyes of yours dont sound like their doing very good. Oh and I never liked a ridge racer game before because its missing one feature I always like in racing games which is "behind the steering wheel" view. I think all racing games should have multiple views instead of just 2-3.

12. TrainerAbu
    OP

United States
    I got glasses 2 weeks ago and they checked my eyes and didn't say anything bad, so yeah.

Bump, I'm still not sure what to get at all T_T.

13. mathewd3

Newcomer mathewd3 Member

United Kingdom
    Street Fighter. It's amazing [​IMG]

Sims 3 is terrible. The controls are really shonky.

Ridge Racer isn't as bad people said it was.

Pilot wings is good too [​IMG]

14. TrainerAbu
    OP

United States
    Hmm, I need to look into Ridge Racer... Bumpity :3.

15. progaor06

Newcomer progaor06 Advanced Member

United States
    none the games out rock none will till round october except oot remake when ngp u watch killer titles nintendo should waited this is wrst lineup of games for any lauch in history of gaming it pathetic

16. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I think if the try Sims could have been much better. Like put you own miis in or something.

17. LapisLazuli

Member LapisLazuli Thrills, chills, kills!

United States
    I've got Sims 3 and the framerate is perfect, haven't experienced any problems whatsoever here.. If you're getting 2 games I'd also get Super Monkey Ball 3D or maybe Nintendogs.

18. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I got Rayman 3D, and I'm loving it. I expected it to be a really crappy port, but Ubisoft surprised me.

I'm picking up Pilotwings Resort tomorrow, and Street Fighter (Buy one get one half off. Getting Street Fighter because of hype, even though I don't like fighting games).

19. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    To any Dynasty Warriors fans, Samurai Warriors is a must. The graphics are amazing (Like, early PS2 quality), and it has a ton of replay value.

No idea if the rumor about Online Co-Op getting added later is true (It might be, since the game supports DLC), but if it is, then this game will be one of the best launch titles easily.

20. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    Yeah i'm starting to think I better give Samurai Warriors a try. I suppose if I don't like it I can always sell it.