ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
So I am purchasing a tablet for me and my girlfriend and I'm having a hard time deciding what would be the best choice for us. I like to play games and she is trying to learn to play games with me. These will also be out 1st tablets (which I am buying both) so the JXD series came to mind as they have buttons for games and they are cheap. Right now I am stuck between the JXD S5100 and the JXD S7100....The things that matter to me are really the buttons and the power of the devices. Me and her also need the tablets to be
Capacitive. It does not bother me that neither of my chooses have shoulder buttons as I really do not intend to game entirely too hard on these and she will probably not game anymore than I would (probably only when I do). I really like both of these and the only difference I see between the S5100 and the S7100 is that the S7100 is a bit bigger and a bit more powerful. At the moment I am really considering getting us both S5100s or getting me a S7100 and her a S5100. I guess my actual question is if the S7100 is worth the extra $28 (based on the prices I've seen)​

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark theme users are crying right now. Just saying.

That said, not looking up any specs on those tablets, but the Asus Nexus 7 has a LOT of bang for your buck. $200/250 USD for 7" capacitive IPS display, gps, bluetooth, wifi, 8/16GB flash (not SD expandable), 4 core Tegra 3, gyroscope, nfc, mic, stereo speakers. Battery life is phenomenal on mine. It doesn't have gaming buttons, but it might be worth considering.

Reactions: 1 person

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
No one is answering or assisting me in my inquiry. I do not nor will I ever want any apple tablet, I don't care to get a nexus 7 at the moment, and I have a 3DS with a flashcart. I'm not sure if the 1st and 3rd response were being smart or not, but at least plasma assisted me a little bit. The JXD S5100/S7100 appeals to me because they are decent priced android tablets and the buttons are an incentive as I love a device that can emulate. I only have roughly $250 for me and my girlfriend and I think these would be prefect little tablet for use. I've heard nice things about the both of them and I just want to know is the S7100 worth the extra $28.....If you want to make a suggestion, feel free to do so as long as your not suggesting a apple tablet or a game system.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go with the S7100. Before I got my Nexus 7, I wanted a nice 10.1 inch tab, but good ones are damn expensive. The N7 was announced, and I knew that was gonna be the best price I could get on a good tablet, so despite the 7" screen, I ordered it.

7" is big enough for me to be able to hold in portrait in the palm of one hand (I have big hands though). The screen size is perfect, for me at least. In your case, I would be afraid that the 5" would be too small. Personally, I'd never go below a 7" now that I have one. If you've seen them, or have an electronics store near you, that's similar sized to a Kindle Fire/ Nook Color (the 7", that is). Frankly, I haven't done too much in the way of emulation on my devices - my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 can both handle N64 emulation flawlessly, but I mostly do GBA emulation on them, and gaming otherwise (N.O.V.A. 2, Dead Space, etc). Everything runs flawlessly on my devices, but they also have higher specs than those JXD tablets. I'm not sure what kind of specs these emulators need, but the fact that they ship the tablets with an N64 emu (if I skimmed it correctly) should be testament for something.

For non-gaming stuff, I feel like those buttons might be cumbersome, but otherwise it should be good. Or, just wait for the Razer tablet, it's only gonna be like $2000. (I'm joking, of course :P )

In short - yes, I'd say go with the 7" over the 5". 5 point capacitive screen is more than most things use. Specs otherwise, I can't help you too much there without doing some research into emulators (I can do it tomorrow though. I need to wake up in five hours to schedule an appointment with an optometrist.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast