Gaming Which PSP should I get?

omegaultima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on buying a PSP sometime soon, but I want it to be hackable.
If I buy a 3000 model, is the firmware that comes with it outdated?

Trizae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd get a 2000 slim & bright without a v3 motherboard or too high of a firmware own one and its so boss! until they work something out with the Go/3000

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omegaultima... how old are you?

Reason being, is that after the age of like 10, I stopped asking questions and looked up answers for myself.

Now with that said... have you looked into the 15+ other topics on these same questions?

No firmware is "outdated", do you know much about PSP Hacking? If you don't I would go to psp-hacks.com and do a little downloading then reading on google.com about what everything is.

I wouldn't get a PSP3000 as they aren't fully hackable, while the earlier non TA-8X PSP2000's are hackable and slim.

All homebrews and other "legal and illegal" applications work for all models, but you'll want to install 5.50 GEN D-3 to play all games.

However you can't play new games that require 6.10-6.20, as the 5.50GEN D3 firmware can only hack up to 6.10-ish, no higher. If any of this confuses you I would look it up. This also accounts for retail games, as you'd have to use the time machine application to upgrade to 6.20 firmware, then back to your 5.50Gen D3 custom firmware.

OFW- newest offical firmware 6.20
CFW - newest custom firmware 5.50 GEN d3

Buy a PSP2000, usually a bundle like god of war, star wars, racket and clank.

Wynd

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont get psp 3000 and the GO,they are not hackable yet.this is a very used question,and if I guess right,you might not be all that knowledgeable of the psp, so I suggest getting a psp 1000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.