Hacking Which one?

Shinjiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I recently bought 2 DSTT's from DealExtreme and they were fakes. There have been some problems recently with their suppliers, so I will be returning them. I bought these for my friends. They don't understand computer things really and i've been reading reports of DSTT's corrupting cards and becoming fragmented. This would cause problems for these people. I was wondering should I get new DSTT's or just pay that little bit extra for the Acekard 2 as I have read about less errors with that card? I am just looking for a card that will run games ok, be durable in the sense that it will still be working after a year or two and won't corrupt/ fragment or have loads of error messages.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have never heard of a DSTT corrupting or fragmenting a microSD card (I never reformatted my microSD card once during the 6 months or so that I used my DSTT). Still, the Acekard 2 is a much better flash cart, so I would pay a few extra dollars for those instead. The only caveat is that the Acekard 2 is not physically as sturdy as the DSTT. Nothing to worry about, but something to keep in mind if your friends are particularly rough with their flash carts. Otherwise, the Acekard 2 is better than the DSTT in almost every way.

-Bri

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also, to add on, there is also a chance you may have bought this one.

Fake DSTT. Called DSTT Advance xDD

When you should've bought this one

Real Newer DSTT

What's funny is that the fake one says it supports SDHC when the DSTT always did support SDHC xDD

Anywayz, The AceKard 2 is a very good alternative. It's only the build quality. So unless they are not that very responsible give them the EDGE. But I still prefer the AceKard 2!

If they are responsible = AceKard 2
If they aren't very responsible = EDGE

Shinjiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your replies, they are very careful with things so I guess i'll get them the Acekard 2. Thanks again for your help. And I did buy the right one ^^ just they have had a lot of trouble lately with the DSTT and suppliers so i'm not going to risk it again
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong