esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So originally I ordered my R4 bundled with the 1GB card off DealExtreme, but they seem to be severely back ordered and I simply cannot wait 3+ weeks and HOPE that I get it soon. Because of this, I have decided to cancel my order and get it somewhere else.

Now I have the dilemma of deciding which one I REALLY want to get. The R4, M3 Real, CycloDS and Supercard DS are the ones I've been looking at. The CycloDs seems a bit pricey, but if it truly is the best one, then I guess the extra money won't be that big of a deal but the main things I am looking at are...

1. I probably won't buy several of them, so i just need 1 good sturdy reliable one I can use for a long time.
2. I probably won't use homebrews that much. I'll mainly be using it for playing my back up games
3. Easy to use, I won't be playing GBA games and don't care about the other slot and would rather not deal with additional things
4. The least glitchy, freezey, confusing, and best updates and support? what is the best price to product ratio?
5. what extra features should I be aware of? The RTS is nice, but not necessary... which ones have that feature? Oh and I don't really care if it supports SD cards over 2Gb, I probably won't ever use more than that, but it's not really an issue whether it has it or not.

Help me out please, this entire ordeal is giving me a massive headache. I just want to order one already. And sorry, I was not sure where to post this, but I figure since this board gets the most views, I'd get the most answers here.

Thanks!

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
M3 Real has more features, like the SDHC support that everyone is complaining about. I kinda think of those carts in tiers:

Best Carts:
M3 Real
Top Toy DS
Cyclo DS

Good Carts:
SuperCard DS One
R4/M3 Simply

Meh...:
DSX and all the rest.

I may have missed one or two, but I don't wanna check right now.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would have to agree with DarkAura - been reading for a while trying to find a better solution than the R4, and it seems the CycloDS is the first best choice since it supports real time saving, but for cost-benefit I am going to be buying a DSTT as it includes a GBA addon and is a lot less.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Either the R4 or CycloDS, either one is good, me personally I would pick the R4, just because my 1st CycloDS went bad on me, it was from the 1st batch of CycloDS back in June.

Also since you live in the US, order either one from RHS, currently they have the black CycloDS in stock and will be getting more R4's on monday.

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of your requirements / wants i'd say the r4 is the perfect cart, it does everything you want except real time save.... but thats just me, price is a big thing too.... for what you want to do w/ them no slot 1 card is going to be TERRIBLE, they'll all suffice. i like the r4, bought 3 for people for christmas and i've got an m3ds simply (same thing) myself and everybody loves them
smile.gif
easy to setup and use, the media function is pretty well capable in my opinion i like it.

i did however order an m3 real, just for the increased storage i'll be receiving with my 6gb microsdhc card and gba functions (i missed that going to my simply
smile.gif
) but otherwise no card will do ya wrong i'd say.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to know which flashcart to buy, try this topic. Only the SCDS1 and Cyclo support RTS. In your case, it seems almost any of the good slot-1's will work for you, in that case you should get the cheapest. I'd say the f-card and DSTT are both good choices. They meet your requirements other than RTS and are both very very cheap.

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. The R4 is great for my needs, like playing games?!?

A 2GB microSD card can fit lots and lots of games, which is all I really want to be able to do with my DS anyway.

For me, the R4 is great. Drag and drop, skinning is simple, easy, easy, and mac/linux friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte