Hacking Which One to Get?

Avid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally decided to give up my R4 and get another flashcart. I was thinking of getting an AceKard 2i with the EZFlash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack or the Supercard DSTWO. They both come out at around the same price is I buy from SimplyMods. I know the Supercard DSTWO can emulate GBA on a DSi, but I don't own one. I may get one soon, though. Thoughts?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperCard DSTwo

It's getting it's SNES emulator soon so I'd get it. Also, if you are planning on a DSi, it'd be dumb not to.

Avid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
I think you should get the Supercard, but only if you actually plan on getting a DSi. If you buy the Acrkard then the Supercard that's like $60-70 in total.
Thing is, I'n not so sure I may get it. My parents wait until the last minute to tell me.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jun 10 2010, 08:25 PM) It's getting it's SNES emulator soon so I'd get it.
Well, I'm not really much of an SNES fan. I go NES and GBA.

unopepito06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an Acekard 2i (got it in the mail today), it does have somewhat of a learning curve from what I've heard/used of it. I figured I could get the AK2i now, use that while the Supercard team irons out all the kinks in the software, and hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy, it will have dropped in price a bit (enough to negate the cost of the AK, but that may take awhile). I think if the GBA/SNES funtionality in 1 card is cool to you then definitely get the SCDS2, but being that it sounds like SNES isn't really your thing, I'd lean towards the Acekard + 3in1. That way you have pretty much guaranteed compatibility with your GBA games, and you don't have to worry about waiting for an update so you can play that one GBA game you really want.

Besides, the DSTWO seems to have alot of Engrish in the software itself and in all the support sites, just fyi. It bothers me.
wink2.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the AK2i and EZ Flash 3in1 combo may actually be cheaper than the DSTwo.

Lemme check on shoptemp.
AK2i: $14.95
3in1: $20.00
DStwo + $5 Coupon: $34.95

....Huh, they're the exact same price!
Okay, here's my advice.
Because SNES does not matter to you, but GBA does, go for the 3in1 instead.
You will have perfect compatibility using an EZ Flash 3in1, where as emulation on the DSTwo is imperfect.
NES emulation on the DS is pretty damn good as it is.

Avid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unopepito06 said:
I just bought an Acekard 2i (got it in the mail today), it does have somewhat of a learning curve from what I've heard/used of it. I figured I could get the AK2i now, use that while the Supercard team irons out all the kinks in the software, and hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy, it will have dropped in price a bit (enough to negate the cost of the AK, but that may take awhile). I think if the GBA/SNES funtionality in 1 card is cool to you then definitely get the SCDS2, but being that it sounds like SNES isn't really your thing, I'd lean towards the Acekard + 3in1. That way you have pretty much guaranteed compatibility with your GBA games, and you don't have to worry about waiting for an update so you can play that one GBA game you really want.

Besides, the DSTWO seems to have alot of Engrish in the software itself and in all the support sites, just fyi. It bothers me.
wink2.gif

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Jun 10 2010, 09:25 PM) I think the AK2i and EZ Flash 3in1 combo may actually be cheaper than the DSTwo.

Lemme check on shoptemp.
AK2i: $14.95
3in1: $20.00
DStwo + $5 Coupon: $34.95

....Huh, they're the exact same price!
Okay, here's my advice.
Because SNES does not matter to you, but GBA does, go for the 3in1 instead.
You will have perfect compatibility using an EZ Flash 3in1, where as emulation on the DSTwo is imperfect.
NES emulation on the DS is pretty damn good as it is.
Guess I'll go for the AceKard and the 3+1. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.