trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not keen on removing the spreader on a £170 CPU. I have the wrong chipset to OC as well. I have pushed up the FSB a little on my current setup and it hasn't caused any issues. This gives me some minor performance increases. I will just have to settle with ramping up the video card frequencies. I might swap out the system board at a later date.
You mean BCLK? Be careful about BCLK, SATA is tied to BCLK (so file corruption is a possibility with too high BCLK). Even if you swap to Z68/Z77 you'll only get to 4.4 GHz before you really have to delid it (assuming your cooler can get you this far).

I'm running 3770K at stock right now. It is really hot here is CA, USA and mine isn't delided either.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean BCLK? Be careful about BCLK, SATA is tied to BCLK (so file corruption is a possibility with too high BCLK). Even if you swap to Z68/Z77 you'll only get to 4.4 GHz before you really have to delid it (assuming your cooler can get you this far).

I'm running 3770K at stock right now. It is really hot here is CA, USA and mine isn't delided either.

I just looked at come CPU scaling tests for the 7950. In game performance doesn't seem to change a lot from a 2120 up to faster CPUs. I am thinking of saving £90 and just buying a 2120. It looks as if in most games you will only see a few percentage difference between i3 and i5 or i7 at the same clock on a mid range graphics card.

The FSB (BCLK) has been at 105 since new. It seems to like it and has never put a foot wrong.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at come CPU scaling tests for the 7950. In game performance doesn't seem to change a lot from a 2120 up to faster CPUs. I am thinking of saving £90 and just buying a 2120. It looks as if in most games you will only see a few percentage difference between i3 and i5 or i7 at the same clock on a mid range graphics card.

The FSB (BCLK) has been at 105 since new. It seems to like it and has never put a foot wrong.
That's fine too if you just game. I'm using i7 because I do x264 encoding all the time, otherwise I would have stick with i3 too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality