Hacking Which MicroSD for the GateWay 3DS?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up to peeps looking at cheap 64gb cards any make or model, be warned if they are cheap that means they are second rate designs mainly made in crappy country's etc.. like Taiwan which means it will go wrong asap, especially with high end cards like the 64gb's and above. I have had 4 x 64gb's go back, 1 x Transcend and 3 x San-disc Mobile Ultra, none tested out perfect with many errors with h2testw and all went faulty within 3 weeks and had to go back! If you are looking to purchase a reliable 64gb card I suggest buying one from your local PC World etc.. don't buy cheap cause it will go faulty! and do not buy from Mymemory.co.uk or Moby Memory they both sell second rate Taiwan cheap memory tat. :( and don't say I did not warn you when you order and have to send it back time after time when it locks up or goes wrong. I suggest go for a 64gb PNY model, Elite make, they seem to be very good and stable with roms a bit expensive but worth it mine checked out 100% with h2testw after about a 3 hr. full test from PC World.

Marv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have Kingston 16GB Class 4 card. It worked in Gateway for two weeks, after that it started to show "Error occured..." black screen, and then fragmentation error. Now it shows filesystem error...

Scanned it with h2testw and it shows no errors.

SlCKB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
like Taiwan which means it will go wrong asap.....they both sell second rate Taiwan cheap memory tat.

I'm using a bunch of Taiwanese produced cards here with zero issue and given that they produce most of the worlds ram, ssds and motherboards, perhaps the common factor in your experience of fail is you instead of the pseudo-racist reasons you'd like to believe?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a bunch of Taiwanese produced cards here with zero issue and given that they produce most of the worlds ram, ssds and motherboards, perhaps the common factor in your experience of fail is you instead of the pseudo-racist reasons you'd like to believe?

I'm not being racist one bit, I never intended on coming forward like that at all, its just all the cards I had from MyMemory.co.uk and MobyMemory that apparently where made either in China, USA or Dublin on the box label itself where not and had a small sticky label instead saying Made in Taiwan which they were not made anywhere near the three proper country's that were mentioned on the proper label and it seemed all the 4 that went wrong on me where Made in Taiwan the same sticky white label on every box. That was what I meant by Cheap tat from Taiwan I didn't mean everything that comes from Taiwan is cheap tat and I certanily did not mean to come across racist, I'm not like that at all, unless someone really pisses me off of course and I get mad and I might unleash by accident! Chill man :)

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
128GB Micro SD XC HC SanDisk Ultra UHS-I CLASSE 10 + ADAPTER NEUF FULL HD SPEED

Just ordered this its guarenteed for a year and he specifically says its real in the ad description, so once i run it through h2wtest to test if its fake I'm protected by PayPal and ebay:) will test and see because at that price it has to be fake.

Also for me its free shipping so 26$ for a guarantee real or money back 128gb card it's worth a test.

Will report back here once it recieve and test

FAKEEE!!!!

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=361031528902

Just ordered this its guarenteed for a year and he specifically says its real in the ad description, so once i run it through h2wtest to test if its fake I'm protected by PayPal and ebay:) will test and see because at that price it has to be fake.

Also for me its free shipping so 26$ for a guarantee real or money back 128gb card it's worth a test.

Seams legit, crazy cheep price for what your getting... just ordered one hope its not a scammy clone

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=361031528902

I ordered too, and I tested the product today.

100% fake. I opened a dispute on Paypal.

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Didn't get mine yet will open a dispute when I get one
For your information:
- no rigid storage box
- Suspicious package. Cutting is different in stores + bad photomontage in places where it differs.
- Above barcode, written article number "SDSDQUA-128G-U46A" does not really exist. The true one must be "SDSDQUA-128G-G46A" .
- Made in Taiwan on the µSD back, whereas Sandisk products are Made In China. Anyway, Made in China is written on package.
- µSD back is not like usual. There are no black square....
- 15 MB/s in reading instead of 30 MB/s
- 5 MB/s very slow writing
- Corrupted data between 16 GB and 128 GB sectors.

You will probably have the same troubles.

Reactions: 4gionz

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
For your information:
- no rigid storage box
- Suspicious package. Cutting is different in stores + bad photomontage in places where it differs.
- Above barcode, written article number "SDSDQUA-128G-U46A" does not really exist. The true one must be "SDSDQUA-128G-G46A" .
- Made in Taiwan on the µSD back, whereas Sandisk products are Made In China. Anyway, Made in China is written on package.
- µSD back is not like usual. There are no black square....
- 15 MB/s in reading instead of 30 MB/s
- 5 MB/s very slow writing
- Corrupted data between 16 GB and 128 GB sectors.

You will probably have the same troubles.
Thank you for sharing as I was able to cancel my order!

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not know the store, nor the brand. Difficult to answer without having the product in hands.

I ordered two other Sandisk cards on Amazon. Cheap, but not as many than the fake card. ;p

DoJo_Master, 4gionz Did you received your orders? Did you get back your money?
That was very quick for me.
I got it and got back my money, PayPal made him refund the guy wanted me to ship them back, lol ya right so he can sell them again, now I have the cards and the money even tho those cards are only 8gb(supposed to be 128gb). H2wtest showed both as extremely fake and the worst part of it all is if you look at the sellers feedback so many people were fooled by these cards..poor bastards

Reactions: EMegamanu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I got it and got back my money, PayPal made him refund the guy wanted me to ship them back, lol ya right so he can sell them again, now I have the cards and the money even tho those cards are only 8gb(supposed to be 128gb). H2wtest showed both as extremely fake and the worst part of it all is if you look at the sellers feedback so many people were fooled by these cards..poor bastards
yeah i always feel mean on the hundreds and hundreds of people falling for the fake SD card, with like 1 in 1000 calling them out as fake.....they must be raking it in off them, and im pretty sure ebay really don't give a toss as long as they get their fee's

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i always feel mean on the hundreds and hundreds of people falling for the fake SD card, with like 1 in 1000 calling them out as fake.....they must be raking it in off them, and im pretty sure ebay really don't give a toss as long as they get their fee's

Ya and you can't even warn them since their identity is hidden, they write things like "works PERFECTLY in my tablet thanks perfect seller" it gets me sad, the only people to call them fake were the three people from gbatemp that ordered since he only has 3 people saying they were fake, one is me and the others are also in this thread.

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is why I refused to change my evaluation and let a bad one. ;)

I fell very bad for the victims...
The seller said to be one too. Not sure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro