Hacking Question Which JIG should I get?

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good evening, everybody!

I have bought recently a JIG for about 4€ (four euros) on eBay, which by mistake (or not, I'm not sure) I got two instead of one. I thought they'd work even knowing the appearance was bad. I tried both of them, multiple times, in different ways, and it didn't work a single time, so I got a refund.

oGOwsnQ.jpg

So, I was reading about JIGs and eventually, I reached a post where someone said to buy SXOS Jig which I thought it'd be expensive, but I found it for as low as about 4€ in a site. So I was wondering if you could tell me what Jig do you use, or which one you recommend me. I'd go for an "expensive" trustful one if I knew for sure my Switch is unpatched, but since I don't know, I just want to get one for test and if my switch is unpatched, consider to get a better one.

So as for now, this is my list of possibilities:
If somebody has a different one or a suggestion, I'm glad to know about it.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get one from a kit such as the NS Atmosphere kit or the RCM Loader one if possible. The one that is 3D printed has a chance of it not working.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
You can build your own one with a simple paperclip. Otherwise it doesn't matter which jig you buy and use as long as you shorten pin 10 with another pin. Except pin 4. There are 5 volts which can fry your console iirc.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a good chance you can probably fix the ones you have. These jigs can be a little finicky. When I first got mine with my RCMLoader One it didn't work. If it's not working, it's because it's not making contact with the pins that it needs to. So you just need to make a minor adjustment to the pins on your jig.

In my case, I just took a small needle and pried the pins up a little. This allowed them to make better contact with the pins in the joycon rail, and now my jig works perfectly.

It's worth trying!

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen the the cheapos on here. get a good quality jig if you don't want the hassle of having to replace your rail in the future.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen the the cheapos on here. get a good quality jig if you don't want the hassle of having to replace your rail in the future.

The jig he has looks "good quality" enough, it's not going to damage his joycon rail. Just needs the pins adjusted a little, but it certainly doesn't look like one of those crappy jigs that you'd jam a paperclip in.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Another way to get a jig is:
As it was very important for me not to damage my rail or the contacts, I just bought an joycon replacement rail on amazon, soldered a small cable between pin 1 and 10 and use that as jig - works perfectly and don't damage the rail pins in any way.

Reactions: Lacius

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would get one from a kit such as the NS Atmosphere kit or the RCM Loader one if possible. The one that is 3D printed has a chance of it not working.

Okay, I will take it in care, but for now, I have solved it thanks to @RHOPKINS13 's message. Thank you anyways!

You can build your own one with a simple paperclip. Otherwise it doesn't matter which jig you buy and use as long as you shorten pin 10 with another pin. Except pin 4. There are 5 volts which can fry your console iirc.

Yeah, but I didn't want to use a paperclip until it wasn't really needed.

There's a good chance you can probably fix the ones you have. These jigs can be a little finicky. When I first got mine with my RCMLoader One it didn't work. If it's not working, it's because it's not making contact with the pins that it needs to. So you just need to make a minor adjustment to the pins on your jig.

In my case, I just took a small needle and pried the pins up a little. This allowed them to make better contact with the pins in the joycon rail, and now my jig works perfectly.

It's worth trying!

Yeah, I managed to do it. I'm not really good with handwork even if it's as simple as this was, but I did it. And my switch is not patched. Thank you very much, mate!

As it was very important for me not to damage my rail or the contacts, I just bought an joycon replacement rail on amazon, soldered a small cable between pin 1 and 10 and use that as jig - works perfectly and don't damage the rail pins in any way.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not good at hand working. I don't have the patiente it requires to be done properly, haha!

I went with the original:

switchhax2-1280x960.jpg

I will take it in care, but as for now, I've solved it.

Thank you everybody for your help!

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd personally wait for the Dragon Injector. It is estimated to be in customers hands by late aug. the developer said. Feel free to check it out, and it'll run you a cheap 25$

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
show pics please

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
A piece of copper wire works just fine. Strip it quite a bit, 4mm or 5mm on both ends, then jam it into pin 5 on one end and hold the other end either on of the screws on the side, or into the fan grill to short it. Once in RCM install auto RCM and never worry about it again. No jig necessary.

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
show pics please

sT3GzZn.jpg

lWYZsm3.jpg

The solderings are realy bad, I did it in a haste with an ancient solder iron in a dark room, but it works ;)

I could cut the plastic above the pins away, but I like that it locks like a joy con and cannot move. That way I can be sure that RCM works every time

Last edited by crazyguy,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
sT3GzZn.jpg

lWYZsm3.jpg

The solderings are realy bad, I did it in a haste with an ancient solder iron in a dark room, but it works ;)

I could cut the plastic above the pins away, but I like that it locks like a joy con and cannot move. That way I can be sure that RCM works every time
Not beautiful, but rare ;) As long as it serves its purpose

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use ismyswitchpatched website to check the serial number. If it is in the grey area(your unsure), use tinfoil or a paper clip to test the first time, then bother buying products.

Zuzuooloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made my own pretty easily (although “easily” can be interpreted differently). It took a few hours since my fingers are clumsy...

Did the tinfoil method + tape. I’ve used it a good dozen or so times since I hacked my Switch a few months ago. Since I got it to work the first time it’s never failed me yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs