which is better Mhfu or mhp3rd

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Abu_Senpai, Aug 11, 2014.

?

Mhfu or mhp3rd for the psp

1. Mhfu

27.3%
  2. mhp3rd

72.7%
  1. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    I played my first ever mh game on the psp it was monster hunter freedom unite but I absolutely despised it because it was too difficult and confusing plus it never ENDS

Anyways I am interested in playing with the mhp3 and it looks great plus lots of people are saying that it is the best mh game to play for beginners to the series like myself

What are your opinions

2. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    I personally like mhp3rd alot more than FU. I'd give it a shot, though some of your complaints are kind of a staple of the series.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I like Freedom Unite, but I haven't played 3rd much to be perfectly honest - perhaps I would if it was fully in English.

4. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    Theres a pretty good fan translation available

5. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    If you are a beginner to the series, I'd recommend Tri-Ultimate for Wii-U. It has the best learning curve and online play. Not sure about the 3DS one.

MHFU has the "unfixed" hitboxes for a lot of the monsters, so you'll probably get killed a lot. However, I personally feel that this game is more fun to solo than P3rd. I have over 1000 hours in this one.

MHP3rd fixed some of the hitboxes so monsters are more fair, and there is an English patch for it. You can play with others via X-Link Kai. I don't know if people still do though. I haven't played for years. I have around 300 hours for this one.

I still recommend the newer ones since they have online play. I'm not sure if you can still play Tri on Wii since Nintendo killed the servers.

If you only have a PSP, go with P3rd because it's prettier.

Cursed Kaiser likes this.
  6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'm well-aware of it, but when I finished my PSP adventure it was grossly incomplete - all that was translated were the menu options and weapon names. ;)

7. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I play MH since the first one that was horribly hard and repetitive (5 runs to get... MACHALITES? SERIOUSLY?!). I finished this and MHDos in offline mode and when I saw a friend holding a PSP playing MHP3rd I knew I should join. Later another friend would show up with your newly purchased original copy and all volumes of MH Orage!!!

MHP3rd is superior in virtually everything, but it's less challenging and has much less content than MHFU which is basically a compilation of all the previous games (aka the first 2 generations). Capcom still abusing it, the last time I saw MHFU was being released for iOS. (Die Vita, die.)

Tbh I think I just played MHFU because the multiplayer, since on the PS2 me and my friends were playing separately...

8. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Im thinking of getting mhp3rd but has it been fully translated

9. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Im thinking of getting mhp3rd but has it been fully translated

10. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Nope, but its highly playable.
    Story translated,items translated,monsters etc.
    Only thing that isn't translated is the Hunter Books on the Bookshelf and NPCs in town.
    But the ones for upgrade,weapon and item shop are translated.

11. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    All I would like to do with it is just play with the story no sidequests

12. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    you will be fine. The only things not translated are just some random npcs that dont do anything and such.

13. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    So what is the point of patch 6.0

14. Cursed Kaiser

Cursed Kaiser Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    the point of 6.0 is to fully translate the remaining texts that are still in Japanese just to make the game look 100% english.

MHP3rd actually has no story to follow... if there is or any, it is something that won't affect your gameplay... all and everything is based on request... kill this and kill that.....

anyway... about this topic about MHP3rd and MHFU... if you're just starting to hunt.... start with MHP3rd, it's very friendly to beginners... and if you're feeling confident and feeling experienced already, then that is the time you tackle MHFU.... for me, i think MHFU is the hardest not because it is the best literally, to be straight, IT"S THE WORST that is why it is the hardest. and that is why people like that game because it challenges you too much... it is like also a HANDICAP match if you're hunting a G RANK monster alone .....very fulfilling in the end though...

15. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    I played mhfu first a while ago and I absolutely hated it
    But I may get mph3rd and God eater 1

16. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    I downloaded god eater 1 and monster hunter portable 3rd and well geb is ok but mp3rd looks like mhfu all over again
    I think I just don't like the series
    So I deleted it

17. PiadasLituanas

PiadasLituanas Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lol. Get Good, m8

18. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

Its crap end of no good story nothing
    My opinion

19. PiadasLituanas

PiadasLituanas Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Cursed Kaiser likes this.
  20. Cursed Kaiser

Cursed Kaiser Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013

a painful truth about monster hunter haters....they just seem not to get the awesomeness and the challenge this game brings.....