Which flashcard (everyone sighs)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ad3333, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ad3333
    OP

ad3333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sorry folks....

Im a noob Dad trying to find quickly the right card my son(s) DS.

I have one that came with the DS called R4 I 1.4 Revolution for DS,

It is working on one DS but not the other and then today when I tried to access it from my Mac the micro sd card seemed to burn out.

So.... I read there are different 'fake' cards and it seems like I need to get a degree to understand which one is best.... I just want to get the best out of the box card which runs as many games as possible (including SNES and GBA if poss), and doesn't give me loads of errors down the line (please)

Both my DS are DSi XL and are running: 1.4.5E firmware

Please can someone give me a link on what to buy and why, and then can other people agree etc so I know I'm not being blagged by people ::cry:

Merry Christmas

2. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Chao Raiser

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I haven't had any issues with an R4i Gold 3DS +, it's ran all my clean roms fine, supports cheats, and uses Wood R4 (apparently it's a pretty good menu). It also has a handy switch to change into NTRboot mode, which is nice since you don't have to bother with flashing when you want to hack a 3DS.

ad3333 likes this.
  3. ad3333
    OP

ad3333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks very much for this. Does the Wood R4 run on the Micro SD or is it built into the R4i itself please? I was thinking that I could get an entire image of software and roms for the micro SD card, so setup could be very easy or does this website come with all that when you buy it please?

4. ad3333
    OP

ad3333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United Kingdom

5. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    No problem:
    • Download the latest Wood menu (1.64) from the website given on the card and unpack it to a FAT32 formatted micro-SD.
    • Put your ROM files and/or homebrew (e.g. emulators with corresponding ROMs) into folders (named as you like) on the micro-SD.
    That's all. Enjoy!
    Wood is pretty versatile (Cheat menu, RTS, no "timebomb") and I only know one DS game that does not work (probably no flashcard supports this).

ad3333 likes this.
  6. ad3333
    OP

ad3333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Awesome thank you

7. ad3333
    OP

ad3333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
  8. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    This and most likely a clean, untrimmed EU/US ROM file. A very brief test with the untrimmed EU Rom dumped from original cartridge showed success:
    The modified ROM started without problems on my R4i Gold 3DS (and DeSmuME emulator on the computer) and the dpad patch seems to work (but I just played a minute to test).
    Thank you for linking that thread! I did not even know a dpad patch for the European rom existed.

ad3333 likes this.
  9. ad3333
    OP

ad3333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Brilliant - thanks so much for testing. Merry Christmas!!