which firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by samljer, Dec 27, 2013.

1. samljer
    OP

samljer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Canada
    Which firmware comes in the 3DS bundle for "Luigi mansion Dark Moon" -- its not an XL system.
    cant seem to find it, thanks.

having a hard time locate a 4.5 system in Canada.

2. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Oh God, does that comes with an actual blue 3DS? I wanted that colour from the beginning.

Edit: In response to your question, I guess it comes with a higher firmware since it was released in this year.

3. samljer
    OP

samljer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Canada
    Dammit lol, Was hoping it was older but I couldnt find anything.

been looking for 2 hours so probably just looked over it.
    thanks.

4. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    It comes with a cobalt blue one: [​IMG]
    Looks like it was released March 1st 2012: http://nintendo3ds.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_colors

Luigis Mansion 2 comes with update 4.5 so there's potentially firmware 4.5 on it I guess.

5. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    That's the release date for Japan. Stupid NOA brought us this awesome colour too late.
    Also, the partition update of the bundled game has no correlation to the actual native firmware of the 3DS. In the case of the Animal Crossing bundle, the system is 5.1 and Animal Crossing is 4.5.

6. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    Well that was a reading fail.

I didn't have a hard time finding a 4.5 system in Canada. I already had a 4.4 but wanted to play Pokemon Y so I went out to a store and picked up just whatever 3DS XL I could find and went home and turns out it had 4.5 on it. A good way to check is supposed to be looking on the back for a 2012 copyright sticker or you could go into a game shop like EB Games/Gamestop and see if they have any refurbished 4.5 systems.

7. samljer
    OP

samljer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Canada

I live in the middle of cottage country - 2 miles from anything like that
    Generally, Id have to find it online if possible. Sudbury is 2 hours away on icey roads.
    any online sources with old stock?
    I dont really trust ebay.
    I have a system now I was told was 4.4 and when i turned it on was 5.0.0-11U

I tried to send it back but the lil fucker convinced ebay that "ME", I... updated it
    and I was simply sent back the console without refund.

I even paid a lil more then its worth, as 4.5s tend to go

the little shit knew what he was doing...

so now i have a 5.0 system and im tired of waiting for gateway to support it. (its been since GW release ive been waiting)

Honestly, i just want a 4.5 system

I coudlnt care less if it was a neon pink bilboard with hello kitty stickers.
    so long as it was 4.5 or under.

now i do prefer XL, but id take a classic one if it was a good enough deal.

8. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Ebay actually sided with the seller? That's a first. Whenever a buyer did a claim and made up some bullshit they always sided with them no matter how ridiculous it was. Try to have ebay look over the case again, just mention it was not as described and they side with you.

If you ever manage to go to a store and looking for a 3DS XL with FW 4.5 or below, make sure the serial starts with SW12. I'm not sure if this is the same thing for the regular 3DS system.

9. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    Not sure if it helps, but someone was selling a Dark Moon 3DS on eBay and they posted the console serial. The first 5 numbers are CW725xxxxx x. According to the wiki, the lowest serial number someone has found that had 4.5 or lower is CW421xxxxx x so I am not sure.

10. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    It's done. As far as I could find, this bundle was release just 2 months ago. No need to search for the copyright or serial, it's more than obvious that the system is >4.5.