Which EZ3in1 does shoptemp have?

the Gooseler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, making my first purchase from ShopTemp and had a few questions that hopefully somebody could answer.

1) Which EZ3in1 does shoptemp have? In the description it says that it has 512Mbit of onboard flash memory. I thought that was the plus version that only had that amount.

2)If i don't need DSi support, is the AceKard 2.1 good enough, or is there better DS game support with the 2i?

Thanks in advance.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1: I'm not entirely certain if they stock the plus model or not, knowing that that plus model does not seem all that popular.
You can ask them directly at their support by placing a ticket, I think I'll do that myself.
http://shoptemp.com/support/

2: People seem to prefer the Acekard 2i even when using it on a DS lite for build quality reasons.

I'll ask myself about the EZ flash 3in1 model because that's something I've wanted to know myself, I'll let you know what they sale.

the Gooseler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Pikachu, will get the 2i then. I'll wait until you get the EZ3in1 answer before placing the order.
Also why isn't the + more popular? I thought the more memory it has then it can load more games into the memory.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Plus model requires further coding in firmwares and homebrew to get it working.
Most homebrew and firmwares out there already support the "Old" and "New" 3in1 models, but many don't support the "Plus" model.

I need to educate myself a bit more on the matter to be honest.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the 3in1 was to be used with EZFlash Vi slot 1, then the plus one would be better as it has more memory (and presumably, compatability with EZ Flash slot 1 is not an issue)?

Is this correct?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
The plus model got renamed to just 3in1 as it was intended to be a direct successor to replace the v1 and v2 and so once it came out they stopped making the old ones and the + just got sold under the same name. The only time you'll see it referred to as the + is if you're trying to determine which version you have, you usually won't see it listed as a + when you buy it. Because the v1 and v2 aren't made any more I would think it would probably be the v3(the +), but I'm actually curious about this as well. And a lot of carts do support the + model, the EZ-Flash Team put out updated source code when they released it and updating to support it is really easy (I know, I applied the update to y.w.g.'s Wood R4 firmware and it was super easy), so there's really no reason for it to not be supported.

Having said all of that, I would like to know this as well. I'll be getting a DSL soon and I'll be getting a 3in1, but I want the v3. I'd like to go with ShopTemp, but if I can't confirm that they carry the v3, I'll go with Deveno. I'm not a big fan of Deveno's policies regarding pre-loading flashcarts, but most of their stuff is cheaper than ShopTemp, so... meh.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It took a while but I got a response.

Laura Bennett said:
Thank you for contacting us, we apologize for the delay in response. This ticket was accidentally lost in the shuffle. While I cannot confirm if we sell the newer or older model, I can confirm that it is the non-Plus version. With that said, it is likely the newer model.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again.

It seems they've also had some issues with the ticket system recently as well, whatever "the shuffle" means.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RupeeClock said:
It seems they've also had some issues with the ticket system recently as well, whatever "the shuffle" means.

before computers organized our lives we actually used paper tickets for help desks. tickets were manually written using a pencil (most of the time, before erasable pens existed) and then placed in an inbox or moved to the outbox. tickets were organized by time, so the newest ticket was placed on the top of the inbox pile. moving the oldest ticket to the bottom of the inbox pile was the shuffle. sometimes when a ticket got "shuffled" it was put in the wrong spot. these tickets were thus in the older pile and ignored by mistake. the person who responded to you didn't mean it literally, as they aren't using a paper ticket system. they just meant that your question was over looked, probably buried by their subject header organization system or the e-mail box.

the 2i has a worse build quality than the 2.1. the 2i has contact issues, shell issues, msd slot issues, and msd mounting problems. acekard has never addressed the issues by putting out a 2i v2. the same 2i has been manufactured since the very start. i've used a few that are perfect out of the box, and i've seen more than my share of 2i cards with warped shells or warped pcb cards. both causing insertion problems and contact issues. the 2.1 never had these problems.

if you are going to use akaio you will want the 3in1+ over the 3in1new (or new3in1). the v2 of the 3in1 has 2 chips for the NOR instead of the 1 chip used on the 3in1+. we have been doing a lot of testing and for some reason many save files are going corrupt on the new build of akaio using the 3in1 v2 (a/k/a 3in1new, new3in1). the 3in1+ appears to have some software launching problems if you flash to NOR. after the flash you may have to manually boot the card from the nds firmware menu as tho it was a real gba kit. gba exploader appears to have none of these problems, so we do know its an akaio native problem.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all