OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am so sick and tired of hearing people whine about the Wii being inferior because it doesn't have as good of a graphics card as the Xbox 360 or the PlayStation 3, and I just thought this was a good place to get the people's opinions, because I'm sure if any of those graphics whores play Wind Waker, they'd still love it, because even if the graphics are "cartoony" and "kiddish" it's still a freakin' awesome game! One of the best Zelda games they've released as far as I'm concerned. It was just purely amazing.

And no, I'm not saying graphics don't matter, at all. Graphics reflect on the style of game it is, for instance, Wind Waker again, great game, cartoony graphics, and the game was more centered around fun and entertainment, where as games like the Half Life series have amazingly realistic graphics, and it's a very deep game, deep story, character development, it's a very dark and gritty game. It's awesome. And everything about the graphics do say what kind of game it can be. That can be said for any game.

Sorry for all the rambling here. Just had to get my point across.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
AcekardFan said:
Yes I Voted On Gameplay,And I Hope Skyward's Sword Will be In Relate With Wind Waker......Even If The Graphics Look Cartoonish I Hope It's A Great game
Oh GOD yes! I loved Wind Waker(as I stated a couple times)! And I really hope Skyward Sword will be as good. They kinda scared me with a comment saying that it's more focused on fun this time than it is on story, which Zelda has always had both, but of course, more fun, the more replay value it has, like Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Option 3. Story.
Story>Gameplay>Graphics, for me.

I like seeing nice graphics, but I won't condemn a game because of a lack of good graphics. If it's fun to play, or has a great story, i'll play it regardless of what the graphics look like.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hells Malice said:
Option 3. Story.
Story>Gameplay>Graphics, for me.

I like seeing nice graphics, but I won't condemn a game because of a lack of good graphics. If it's fun to play, or has a great story, i'll play it regardless of what the graphics look like.
Option 4= Difficulty

I Value gameplay more than graphics. but some games are just too easy and some are just too hard. so i rather prefer games that are multy difficulty or have a proper difficuty curve.

PS= graphics + gameplay = Best game evar!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii: few games with awesome gameplay and crap graphics for all.
PS3 and Xbox 360: Few games with awesome gameplay and amazing graphics for pretty much all.

Ma personal opinion.
75378_TrollFace_answer_2_small.png

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:
PS3 and Xbox 360: Few games with awesome gameplay and amazing graphics for pretty much all.

Ma personal opinion.

You're actually annoying how you're always posting that troll pic.

Crap graphics? Clearly you've never played games like Okami and No More Heroes, which has something that no PS3 or 360 game has... COLOR. Also, the whole realistic look games try to have, creeps me out because it can never be perfected, and it makes the game look ugly to me.

Also, you didn't answer the question, so your opinion is invalid.

Gameplay destroys all aspects in a game. If the gameplay isn't good, no matter how good the rest of the game is, the game will suck.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:

Ma personal opinion.

You're actually annoying how you're always posting that troll pic.

Crap graphics? Clearly you've never played games like Okami and No More Heroes, which has something that no PS3 or 360 game has... COLOR. Also, the whole realistic look games try to have, creeps me out because it can never be perfected, and it makes the game look ugly to me.

Also, you didn't answer the question, so your opinion is invalid.

Gameplay destroys all aspects in a game. If the gameplay isn't good, no matter how good the rest of the game is, the game will suck.
No More Heroes is out for 360 and PS3 you know...
laugh.gif
. There are games with plenty of color in them for both of those consoles too, see Tales games, FFXIII, The Last Remnant et al.
And I agree, gameplay makes or breaks a game.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care about graphics. Gameplay is all that matters to me. If all I want out of my tv is pretty pictures I'd put on a DVD. Here's why.

1) When gameplay takes a back seat to graphics, the game invariably disappoints. See Final Fantasy XIII.

2) A lot of hi-def games have this awful 'wet look' to them, where everything is too shiny and glistens for no good reason, which bugs the hell out of me. See recent Gears of War clone 'Quantum Theory'.

3) Gaming is about fun, no matter how you slice it. Given the choice between Gran Turismo 5's amazing graphics but uncontrollable cars (I couldn't even get around the track in the demo) or firing up my SNES and breaking out Mario Kart, F-Zero or even Stunt Race FX, it's SNES all the way. Graphics do not a good game make.

To be honest there aren't many modern games I can think up that manage a good balance. Games these days care too much about 'spectacle' so they appeal to the casual gamers and the low brows who just want to show off. Every now and then a great game like Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2 or Black Ops will show that great graphics can be backed up by solid gameplay, but let's be honest, they're pretty rare. Which is why the DS continues to dominate, because it focusses on fun instead of jaw-dropping visuals. Only the DS has found a way of making near static images and basic text scrolling one of its most addictive series Mr Wright, we salute you.

Don't get me wrong. Graphics do need to be taken into account. As has been said, the constant barrage of grey in games like Gears of War is fuck ugly. Give me the sweet multicoloured madness of Super Mario World over this 'realism' fad any day. But provided the game isn't glitchy as hell and has at least polished visuals, then that's enough. Don't blow your budget on a huge and impressive CG scene then forget to add in vital parts of gameplay, like a story that makes sense, a reason to care about what's going on aside from achievement points, a battle system which requires you to actually do something, etc. You hear me, Square Enix? NOT COOL, OK?

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gameplay>graphics.
I couldn't give a shit about HD if I tried to, though the graphic style has to fit the gameplay as well as the platform it's made for. 3D on GBA (for example) doesn't work at all.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Crisis, dawn of war 2, heroes of newerth, starcraft 2, some final fantasy games, and also halo are good example of gameplay X graphics balance.
A good game requires gameplay.
But a AWESOME GAME requires both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.