Which Dingoo?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
kevan said:
Ok I have decided on a Dingoo A320 if I can get my hands on one.
The PSP might run smoother but, as far as I have seen the Dingoo has no trouble except with Snes.
The Dingoo is slightly cheaper and has a certain attraction about it since it's not a
big corporate product.

SNES plays at full speed if you know where to find good emus, Pocketsnes for native (great sound emulation and way better than the one that comes with the unit)
and snes9X for Dingux.

I have the A320 and It's easily one of the best portable gaming devices I've owned, it's cheap, it's small, it's sturdy and got great battery life, four reasons to why it's the only gaming device I carry with me.
Though in the beginning when I first got it, it was kind of sucky since the only emulators that really worked were the GBA and NES ones (very good emulators actually) also the Dingoo had a weird button bug which disabled the Y and B buttons to be pressed simultaneously.
The problem was fixed through a firmware update when the Dingoo finally was getting some support.

And if you buy the A320 installing Dingux is something you must do.

Buy the A320 with a micro SD, a mini SD adapter, install Dingux, get GmenuX, a bunch of emulators, and what you end up having is basically a portable Homebrew Channel.

Though I've got to inform you, get the old versions of snes9x since it's faster than snes9x4D. Only use 4D to get FX chip games like MegaMan X2 and X3 running, both at a good playable speed as long as there aren't any polygons on screen.
Another reason to why you should install Dingux are game ports like Doom and Duke Nukem.

Anyway Native Dingoo has gotten better too if you download emulators like Gnuboy and Pocketsnes.
Get the overclocking .app and overclock the system too 430MHz to get the emulators running perfectly.
The latest Pocketsnes is better than snes9x actually, it plays roms at full speed and the SNES sound chip is near perfectly emulated, though it still doesn't sound that good because of the Dingoo's crappy speakers.

As for playing videos all I can say is that mp4's doesn't work and avi works from time to time (it's slow sometimes depending on the video file),
if you got the patience you can always convert to flv or rmvb, both which are file formats that takes little space and looks great at the same time..

So, I strongly advice you to get the A320 since it's cheap and plays almost anything you throw at it.
yay.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the Dingoo play neogeo, cps or cps2 roms? What about PS1 games? There is a massive library of awesome games there that you would no be able to access if you went with the Dingoo. The screen on the Go! is very nice. The movies look brilliant and crisp.

My only gripe is some of the Arcade ROMs need to be rotated in the menu and played sideways or they are too small too see. Then again it could just be old age.

Edit:
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/sony-psp-g...s%20Accessories (Says almost out of stock!!)

http://www.crazysales.com.au/psp-go-game-c...;utm_medium=cpc (this one looks like an import and could be dodgey)

kevan

Imagination rules the world
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys i wish i could get a go but I'm sitting here with $130 Aus which I imagine to be around $140 Us right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."