which controllers do u use?

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so it looks like mission control is the app to get third party controllers to work on a modded switch

do all bluetooth controllers work or is it specific ones only

I do wonder if PS3 controllers would work or xbox 360
bit clunky them ones tho

Jonoxley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so it looks like mission control is the app to get third party controllers to work on a modded switch

do all bluetooth controllers work or is it specific ones only

I do wonder if PS3 controllers would work or xbox 360
bit clunky them ones tho
Most Bluetooth controllers work but some of them don't, the ps3 and Xbox 360 don't work

https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl this tells u everything u need to know about it

Reactions: impeeza

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most Bluetooth controllers work but some of them don't, the ps3 and Xbox 360 don't work

https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl this tells u everything u need to know about it

dang it is the ps3 controlller i was banking on to work and the 360 also as they are the only two i got

damn it why just my luck

which controller do u think is cheapest and best to buy off of ebay?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
buddy, if you are to shop a controller buy a 8BitDo one, they wort his price and are relatively cheap. and have lots of features.

if you only want a Switch controller a YCCTeam or similar like YAYE, they cost 15 bucks but have NFC, wake up and works like a switch pro controller (bluetooth) or like a Xbox 360 (wired)

I personally have a 8BitDo Pro2 and is the blast :P

Reactions: krakenx

Jonoxley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am not sure cause I use my emtec game pad ,my gamestick controller and my ouya controllers cause I had them already

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
buddy, if you are to shop a controller buy a 8BitDo one, they wort his price and are relatively cheap. and have lots of features.

if you only want a Switch controller a YCCTeam or similar like YAYE, they cost 15 bucks but have NFC, wake up and works like a switch pro controller (bluetooth) or like a Xbox 360 (wired)

I personally have a 8BitDo Pro2 and is the blast :P

Is the 8 bit do the snes controller? Damn that is old

Would it still be usable on a 2017 switch lol

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This has all rather annoying but i could in theory use my wii u remotes and then program my ps3 controllers over to the switch

Reactions: impeeza

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So mission control
I downloaded it via home brew but it doesnt launch
Says software error

Any advice on this? Should i install the app via downloadin on the pc and copying over?

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have many controllers because i like to pretend i have friends

best controller: ps4 (works with PC, switch, phone and ps4 , also has a track pad)
2nd best controller : switch pro controller (i use it only for switch, but there is other pairing option, high quality feel)
3rd best : 8bitdo sn30 pro (i love the look, the feel ,perfect for retro gaming , pairs with EVERYTHING)

Reactions: DaFixer and impeeza

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so i downloaded mission control

Extracted it to the card
(Lots of files were over written)
Turned off and on the console

I expected mission control to be in the home brew menu but nothing is appearing?
Any ideas

icemanx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i downloaded mission control

Extracted it to the card
(Lots of files were over written)
Turned off and on the console

I expected mission control to be in the home brew menu but nothing is appearing?
Any ideas
reboot your switch, sync your 3rd party controller like a regular switch pro on Change Grip/Order
I used to use Mission Control too, but I have been using and enjoying 8bitdo pro 2 since I got it.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
reboot your switch, sync your 3rd party controller like a regular switch pro on Change Grip/Order
I used to use Mission Control too, but I have been using and enjoying 8bitdo pro 2 since I got it.

Oh so mission control works that way ie via the actual switch software and not like in a separate app like ftp or rick dangerous

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh so mission control works that way ie via the actual switch software and not like in a separate app like ftp or rick dangerous
you can manage mission control trough tesla overlay

Installation​

Download the latest release .zip and extract to the root of your SD card, allowing the folders to merge and overwriting any existing files. A console reboot is required in order for Mission Control to become active.

IMPORTANT: Atmosphère >= 1.3.1 is required to run the latest release of Mission Control on firmware 14.1.0. Using an older Atmosphère version will cause Mission Control to crash or freeze the system on boot. Users upgrading from version 0.1.0 of Mission Control are also advised to wipe their pairing database and re-pair controllers running the latest version. Failure to wipe the old entries may result in non-switch controllers being detected incorrectly.

Usage​

Install Mission Control to your SD card and reboot the console.

Mission Control runs as a background process and makes use of the system's native UI to handle controllers. The controller pairing dialog can be accessed from the home screen via Controllers->Change Grip/Order. While sitting on this screen, place your controller in pairing mode (see below) and wait for it to connect to the console. Once paired, controllers will reconnect automatically when woken up. There is no need to re-pair them every time.

Pairing controllers​

The supported controllers each have their own methods to enter pairing/sync mode. Below are instructions on entering this mode for each supported type.

Nintendo Wii(U) Controllers Press the red sync button on the back of the controller. The controller LEDs will blink rapidly.

Sony Dualshock4/Dualsense Controllers Press and hold the PS + share buttons simultaneously until the lightbar starts blinking. When done correctly the blink pattern will resemble a heartbeat, otherwise it will blink periodically.

If you have difficulty getting the controller to pair to the console, press the reset button on the back of the controller and keep trying. It should eventually connect.

Microsoft Xbox One Controllers Press and hold the guide(X) button until the LED starts blinking. Then press and hold the small sync button on the back near the charging port until the LED starts blinking more rapidly. You should also ensure your controller firmware is up to date, as old firmwares were known to have flakey Bluetooth.

Other Controllers Please refer to your controller's user manual for information on how to put it in sync mode. Note that many generic Bluetooth controllers can be started in one of several modes. Usually you want to choose something like HID, PC or Android mode for it to work correctly.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dang it is the ps3 controlller i was banking on to work and the 360 also as they are the only two i got

damn it why just my luck

which controller do u think is cheapest and best to buy off of ebay?
Magic-NS is also a thing. It works fine wirelessly with PS3 controllers, among others. Can also be used on the RPi for easy pad compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ