• Total voters

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
neither will be hacked, sony and nintendo both have forced firmware updates, any exploits found are quickly patched before they are useable, those golden days are long gone now.

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither will be hacked, sony and nintendo both have forced firmware updates, any exploits found are quickly patched before they are useable, those golden days are long gone now.
Way to be optimistic dude.
Funny coming from you :I

But anyway, I think hes half-right. The ol days of when any /v/tard could grab a R4 and some Roms and play are long gone. I suspect if these systems are hacked that its going to be a VERY strenuous process that will probably wont even be worth half the trouble (much like Wii hacking when it started)

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

But anyway, I think hes half-right. The ol days of when any /v/tard could grab a R4 and some Roms and play are long gone. I suspect if these systems are hacked that its going to be a VERY strenuous process that will probably wont even be worth half the trouble (much like Wii hacking when it started)
Because i'm really pessimistic? or because I don't know?

Yep those days are long long gone but i'm sure when the consoles are hacked it would be worth it in the end no matter how long the wait for me but like you said I can see it being slow and strenuous at the start but i'm not worried.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yep those days are long long gone but i'm sure when the consoles are hacked it would be worth it in the end no matter how long the wait for me but like you said I can see it being slow and strenuous at the start but i'm not worried.

Kinda for both but mainly because your very pessimistic.

So, these consoles can auto-update without an internet connection? That's new...

:I Yeah, For a few years now.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada

So, these consoles can auto-update without an internet connection? That's new...

So, If I leave my 3DS on, not connected to the internet... It will update? How is Nintendo sending the data? Nintendo Vans?

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, If I leave my 3DS on, not connected to the internet... It will update? How is Nintendo sending the data? Nintendo Vans?

No... Planes...didnt you buy a PS3?

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada

No... Planes...didnt you buy a PS3?

Nope... Planes eh? Wouldn't Helicopters work better?

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

Ah well atleast its nice to know that i'm really pessimistic.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm hard decision. id say 3ds looking at nintendos easy to hack track record though considering sony was bad with all models of the psp id say psvita(i know its not the same) might have as much of a chance as a 3ds

all inall i think the 3ds will be hacked first

gshock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

When a system is fully broken firmware updates (whether online or by update partitions on cartridges) can be bypassed or unpatched.

Being pessimistic is always better, optimism is a one way road to disappointment.
I'm a realist and never optimistic but even I know that the consoles will be hacked one day.
Optimism is only a 'one way road to disappointment' if you're a chronic failure.

Learn earn from your mistakes and change that. Practice makes perfect.

People fall back to cynicism when they're not entirely self-secure or have been bitten in reality by various things.

Topic:
Depends what you mean by hack. Some individuals have already executed code (point of any exploit) on the 3DS with hardware modifications and other individuals with the development kits have already made "hello world" apps that ran in 3DS mode and that was months ago. On the other hand I don't know what has been done for the Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo