Which 3DS games have the best 3D?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by TheNeck, Mar 27, 2011.

Mar 27, 2011
  1. TheNeck
    OP

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm not getting my 3DS till tomorrow, and was wondering which 3DS games have the best use of 3D, so far. In which i will get those with the best 3D to show off my new 3DS.

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I really like the 3D of Pilot Wings; It makes the whole island look like it really is just behind your screen.

However, I have heard from several reviews that Ridge Racer 3D has some of the best 3D in these launch titles.

3. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well from the ones so far, I would want to get Street Fighter and Rayman 3D [​IMG].

Cant wait for Oot XD!

4. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    From the games I've managed to play, The games I like best in 3D are: Zelda OOT demo, Kid Icarus Demo, and Ridge Racer!

I have SSFIV3D, and the 3D effect on this is also really good, but I prefer switching the 3D off within the menu ingame (not from the slider) as this gives you buttery smooth 60fps! It feels a lot more like the 360/PS3 version of the game when played this way.

5. DarkMario616

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Monkey Ball has some good 3D. But it's too easy compared to previous titles.

6. Assax

Member Assax GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    While I have not played it I have heard in an user review on Youtube that Bust A Move has a convincing effect.

7. Traversal

Member Traversal SASUKE-KUUUUUN~~~

United States
    Pilotwings Resort would have to be the best for depth 3D.For pop out 3D however, I'd have to say Bust-A-Move Universe.

8. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I hear best effect are

Ridge Racer and Pilotwings.. bust a move and street fighter are good follow ups (Dynamic camera)

I have SF & Ndogs; SF does a pretty good job especially in the over the shoulder perspective, but Ndogs only has effects peppered liberally.. You can notice it though

9. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom
    Ridge Racer has amazing 3D. If you include unreleased ones, then DoA and Kid Icarus are really good too.

10. TheNeck
    OP

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I ended up picking up street fighter and ridge racer at toys r us today since they have B1G1 1/2 off this week, even though i don't get my 3DS till tomorrow. [​IMG]

11. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    +1 temper [​IMG]
    I can confirm for you that the 3d on Ridge Racer is superb. It's the only game I got and I don't regret it.

12. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I don't which game has the best 3D, but I had the chance to try Rayman today and I'm sure it has the worst 3D. The whole game seems to be shifted into the background.

13. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Is it ACTUALLY like the original titles, or like the damned exploration adventure games? I hated those later ones. >_>

14. TankTan38

Newcomer TankTan38 Advanced Member

United States
    Out of the two games I have, Pilotwings and Nintendogs, I have to say Nintendogs because you can see the dog's face pop out of the screen a bit and I really like that. It also has less grainy graphics because things aren't so far away.

15. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anyone get the lego star wars game? I haven't played a lego star wars game since the first or second one came out. I love how the stuff explodes into the lego parts, I love the animated series on CN, and I haven't played this title on any system yet so it would be new to me. I'm just wondering how the 3d is this. But no where can I find any words on the game. Gamefaqs has a couple ppl that say the 3d is done good.

16. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    I have the LEGO 3D game and it's pretty good, i do preffer the Pilot Wings game for 3D

The game itself (pilot wings) isn't that lengthy and fun to play, it's fun to start, but it really suxs a bit
    I'm very disapointed in the gameplay, c'mon free play and you only can play 1 minute, free play is, fly around for fun as long as you like, not 1 minute

The lego game, well it's like any other lego game but in 3D [​IMG], but sometime the 3d feeling gets lost with all the coins jumping
    around when you break stuff

i'm kinda mad at myself i didn't buy any other 3D game instead of pilot wings resort.
    Think next time i go to the store i go buy ridge racer and street fighter

17. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    im about to try my newly bought SSFIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but so far, Ridge Racer looks great, and the AR games do too.
    (my samurai warriors looks good with 3D but im not too convinced)

OH by the way, the 3DS can display 3-dimensional polygons ON BOTH SCREENS!
    AWE-SOME

18. epicCreations.or

Member epicCreations.or GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I like Nintendogs' effects when on a walk. It looks really cool to be able to see into the distance like that. Also when the puppy is on your screen it really looks like it's up in your face xD

19. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can't decide what I want, for one I don't care for fighting games so I wont get SSF4, I'm leaning towards lego S.W., pilot wings, and maybe nintendogs. I was thinking of getting sims 3d but more and more I don't want it, special since I heard you can't have a baby, thats the straw that broke the camels back for a poor port job of a game. Ghost recon is an other possibility too. And lets add samurai warriors too, I haven't really played much of the same franchise type games similar to it, with the multitude of other named games that are like it. But it was enjoyable, and a good hack and slash might be fun, but if I get sw I would want something else too for sure. UGHHHH this is giving me a headache trying to figure out what I want. Monkey ball is fun I played one version of it an really enjoyed it, so maybe...

The toys R us deal buy one get one 50% is a good deal. But I also have a $25 giftcard for gamestop ( from filling out surveys that actually pay you for the surveys [​IMG] ) ugh again [​IMG]