Homebrew Where to start ?

wizhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi i've got an old 3ds with fw 4.5 and i dont know where to start for using homebrew, can someone help me pls ?

i see browserhax for upper firware and i would like to know how can i update the fw without a game pls ?

Thansk in advance

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i've got an old 3ds with fw 4.5 and i dont know where to start for using homebrew, can someone help me pls ?

i see browserhax for upper firware and i would like to know how can i update the fw without a game pls ?

Thansk in advance
Dont listen to @Filo97 what you want is rxTools https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ its a free CFW that will allow you to play games,homebrew,rom hacks,etc... You can setup Emunand for the latest firmware.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: Psi-hate

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you didn't watched the latest threads about the conference?
Yes, I did. But guess what... The main exploit being worked on right now... IS BEING WORKED ON TO DOWNGRADE???? Why upgrade a rare and very amazing firmware to only downgrade it later. The Kexploits aren't even out on 9.3+ and they will not be out in the next few days even.

OP: I suggest that you create an emunand and install RXtools through the browser. There are many guides, and I'm pretty sure the guide that was just posted will be just perfect.

Last edited by Psi-hate,
Reactions: Tacosaregood

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Filo97 is correct! OP, you should update to 10.3!!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
this isn't the edge of the forum, you know

anyway, simply put:

do not update from 4.5, you can easily set up emunand and the like to get the best homebrew available now. updating past that (or 9.2) gives you an unstable environment for homebrew.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cause he asked that?
updating past 9.2 gives you less options for homebrew. simple as that.

*hax is not a suitable environment because random things keep breaking. meanwhile emunand + CIA homebrew is the best kind of homebrew. literally.
I was kidding of course. You need to shut up and take a joke sometimes.
I probably still won't for reasons

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cause he asked that?
Say that you want to know which door leads to paradise. Someone comes and says that there are several doors, but each have their own qualities. Would you rather them take you through the small and "in development" paradise or the giant and massively perfected paradise?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Say that you want to know which door leads to paradise. Someone comes and says that there are several doors, but each have their own qualities. Would you rather them take you through the small and in development paradise or the giant and massively perfected paradise?
he asked how to update without a cart and i answered him why everyone is angry with me :(

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat