Princess
OP
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
OK. As I've been saying... I'd like the option to use PAL consoles. Problem is, TVs sold at brick & mortar stores in the US do not support all of the needed video modes (unlike how many European ones do NTSC fine). Can someone link me to a site setting PAL TVs that ships to the US? Thanks.
grog.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably easier to buy a VGA box and/or monitor adapters, modern ones have great pictures (to the point where it is back in the monitor dragging it down stage) and support just about every standard there is (the big one to look out for though is PAL-60, some of the more modern games are better in it or only come in it).

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
-x1_0_nt- said:
QUOTE said:
I'd like the option to use PAL consoles

0_o Why?!

yeah, i mean its not as if you get games before us is it, i mean no, the US have to wait for all games to come out ages after they come out here in the uk, in fact, we get them before japan!!!!!

lol (I'm still fucked off about brawl)

try amazon, apart from there i have nooooooooooooo idea.

Lumstar

Princess
OP
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
There's a ton of PSP games out in Europe, but not here as well. Although that has nothing to do with the topic of PAL TVs.

Myst, Exit 2, Puyo Pop Fever, Tales of Eternia, Breath of Fire 3, Ape Academy 2...

Guess I'll look into TV tuner cards or something. That'd take up the least space.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theclaw said:
OK. As I've been saying... I'd like the option to use PAL consoles. Problem is, TVs sold at brick & mortar stores in the US do not support all of the needed video modes (unlike how many European ones do NTSC fine). Can someone link me to a site setting PAL TVs that ships to the US? Thanks.
grog.gif

If you are connecting with component or HDMI you should have no problems, really ... especially with HDMI ...

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
theclaw said:
grog.gif

If you are connecting with component or HDMI you should have no problems, really ... especially with HDMI ...

Why would that be? PAL is still PAL even when transmitted over HDMI or component. EDTV can still be limited to 50Hz.

Lumstar

Princess
OP
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
OK. You know, there is one other possibility. Since US model game consoles lack the option for PAL...

Anyone here familiar with the TV out feature of Nvidia graphics cards? If I could set it to output formats like 576i50 over component, I'd be able to test compatibility for free.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you go to TV & Video in the nvidia control panel you should be able to select it in there.
I used the US drivers for years and they let me output PAL when I needed to use it.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that when you buy a tv with component cable input (hd-ready or full hd) its compatible with both ntsc/pal (im a plasma owner and it switches automaticly to ntsc/pal, i would recommend plasma btw)

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
Quite a few things. VC has games over there we don't, for one. There's also things like Terranigma which never came out in the US. So a PAL console is the only legit way to play it in English.
smile.gif
You DO realize that even if you spent money on a legit copy, Enix will not see a cent of what you spend. And even if you DO buy a PAL Wii, how can you guarantee that you will be able to download Terranigma from the VC? It's a great game, just play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.