where should i buy my 1st Acekard 2i

Porivian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought 3 Acekard 2i's from them 34 days ago - and have yet to get ANYTHING about this order from them. Should I be concerned?
Order #612 - Support ticket # 658488 (just opened today). I hope they do something to make this right - this is ridiculous!!!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Porivian said:
I bought 3 Acekard 2i's from them 34 days ago - and have yet to get ANYTHING about this order from them. Should I be concerned?
Order #612 - Support ticket # 658488 (just opened today). I hope they do something to make this right - this is ridiculous!!!
I will get the team to look into this immediately. However, you probably should have raised the ticket sooner, not that it's your fault, but there's clearly something not quite right here.

Porivian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Porivian said:
I will get the team to look into this immediately. However, you probably should have raised the ticket sooner, not that it's your fault, but there's clearly something not quite right here.

I thought it was taking a little long, but I have bought from overseas before and no better than to fret over a few weeks worth of ship time.
So I gave them the benefit of the doubt knowing they were inundated with lots of orders.

They claim they "lost" the ticket, despite having recieved the paypal payment. (If unaccounted for money landed in your Paypal account, wouldn't you contact the buyer to find out why?)

So I had to dispute the claim through Paypal in order to get my money back.
And since all they could offer was an apology that made it feel like it was my fault ("you seemed to have ordered when the server was down"), I guess I'll take my business elsewhere.

I feel really bad because I bought items I didn't even really need from there trying to support GBATemp, but I guess I expected something other than blame and dismissal over this issue.
I think they would be wise to consider compensating for their errors when they do occur - just a little token is often enough to bring people back around.
Too late for me though, but thank you for looking into it!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
they didnt blame you
biggrin.gif
you took it the wrong way?
they said the server/host had issues earlier when the site was launched, you got bad luck (and you arent the only one, it happened to other people)

basically you paid for the order, but Paypal didn't manage to get back to Shoptemp to save the order in the system... so they got an orphaned payment.

Porivian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costello said:
they didnt blame you
biggrin.gif
they said the server/host had issues earlier when the site was launched, you got bad luck (and you arent the only one, it happened to other people)

basically you paid for the order, but Paypal didn't manage to get back to Shoptemp to save the order in the system... so they got an orphaned payment.

I know what they said. As well as why you are defending them.
But you can say the same thing two ways. You can say;

Gee, YOU order at the wrong time. Too bad.

or you can say;

I'm so sorry! Our system screwed up and the order wasn't placed correctly! Our mistake!

Which way would you like to hear from a company?

Bottom line : I got my money back. No harm no foul.
I wanted to support GBATemp, but I will be shopping elsewhere. You guys shop anywhere you like.
It's all good. They won't die without my business.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Porivian said:
Costello said:
they didnt blame you
biggrin.gif

or you can say;

I'm so sorry! Our system screwed up and the order wasn't placed correctly! Our mistake!

I wanted to support GBATemp, but I will be shopping elsewhere. You guys shop anywhere you like.
wow calm down, he said he was sorry.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Porivian said:
Costello said:
they didnt blame you
biggrin.gif

or you can say;

I just got hold of the answer that was sent to you :
L.B.
Thank you for contacting us. We greatly apologize for delay, it seems that when you ordered there was glitch in the system (likely caused by the host going down at the moment you ordered).
The reason we have not shipped or updated your order is because we were not aware it existed. It appears nowhere in our system.
Once more we offer our apologies for this mishap and will refund your payment immediately.

how is that rude or saying that you screwed up ??
blink.gif
there something wrong with you mate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DolphinCube, no problem ^_^