Where is the FEeumm (Retroarch) overclock setting?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The feature is intended to make NES games run well. See video here.

I've already checked and it sounds like the feature did make it into the Retroarch core, and into ARM ports. See here.

I haven't found if the feature made it into the 3DS Retroarch core, but I expect so. If so, how do I enable it?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
While the thread is active, does anyone know how to make Super Mario Bros. run well in FCEUmm? It runs well on VC and VirtuaNES, but in FCEUmm it feels like it has momentary pauses or frameskips.... something isn't right and it's apparent even on the first level. It happens regardless of what the overclock settings are.

Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers also feels wrong.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
It’s possible that you are running a PAL rom rather than an NTSC rom. Similarly if you are on a N3DS it might be worth toggling video sync ON.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah. On other hand the PAL eShop has probably PAL roms. I also feel personally that Wii U and 3DS has a LOAD of input lag compared to open source emulation of RetroArch, which has put a lot of hamster hours into minimizing and extra minimizing input lag.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It’s possible that you are running a PAL rom rather than an NTSC rom. Similarly if you are on a N3DS it might be worth toggling video sync ON.
Vsync was the first thing I tried but doesn't make a noticible difference: Super Mario Bros. still has jitters on FCEUmm (N3DS), as does Lost Levels. The same ROMs plays great in VirtuaNES or injected. I am of course aware that I can play Mario in VirtuaNES, which is also a great project, but I'd like to resolve the issue in FCEUmm if I can.

Yeah. On other hand the PAL eShop has probably PAL roms. I also feel personally that Wii U and 3DS has a LOAD of input lag compared to open source emulation of RetroArch, which has put a lot of hamster hours into minimizing and extra minimizing input lag.
I haven't noticed this, but I expect this is true. I think emulators are mostly passion projects, and they're mostly developed by highly skilled people that care about their work, and over long periods of time. I was thinking earlier today just how much I appreicate the efforts of the people involved, and that it would be nice to support them somehow. N64 VC on Switch showed us how much Nintendo cares: not at all. That said, Chip n Dale feels like it has input lag on FCEUmm but not on VirtuaNES or VC. Initially I thought maybe some of my 3DS's buttons were broken.

I found I can make the NTSC ROM video look like the PAL video by disabling 'crop vertical overscan'. This is very nice! VirtuaNES does this and I'd been trying to figure out how.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I don’t own Chip and Dale but I have played Super Mario Bros and there are no jitters on FCEUMM on my N3DS. Performance is indistinguishable from native hardware (I checked). I am using NTSC rom.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don’t own Chip and Dale but I have played Super Mario Bros and there are no jitters on FCEUMM on my N3DS. Performance is indistinguishable from native hardware (I checked). I am using NTSC rom.
Do you know which version of the FCEUmm core you have, and have you tried on VirtuaNES to compare? I can see the issue before getting the first mushroom on Mario (although after hitting the block).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.