Hacking Where do I learn how to hack and code?

Star-scream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone hackers and coders I am wanting to learn how to where do I start I want to do psp and Gba games

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/so-you-want-to-learn-to-program.371255/ -There an intro to CS course video here. I'm not sure how much programming you'll learn though. EDIT: There's a lot of theory, but also some basic coding.
https://www.codecademy.com/
I like this program because you write working code in the first 10 minutes. Just one line, but hey, gotta start somewhere! You write code that does something useful in the first 4 hours. That's really something.
You also need to know how to search the internet and stack exchange.

I don't know about GBA.
For PSP, get a copy of PPSSPP (disassembler / debugger) and UMDgen4 (ISO extractor/rebuilder) and go from there. PPSSPP is also an emulator, but in general these tools won't do you any good if you don't know how to program. Learn that first with the resources above.

Last edited by flame1234,

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I actually did not know anything and did not read anything before, I just wanted to hack a game, so I just traced the game in debugger/put a breakpoints on the memory which I wanted to edit and eventually found the way to hack :) Took me 2 weeks I believe to do what I wanted and googled a lot.

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone hackers and coders I am wanting to learn how to where do I start I want to do psp and Gba games
Install Devkitpro. It installs devkitPSP which allows you to build PSP homebrew apps. There are a couple of samples in there as well, that you could take a look at. It's mostly C coding, and so is GBA. GBA also is included in devkitpro, and contains samples as well. Tonc conatins some amazing GBA examples!

But at the end of the day, you also have to learn how things work, otherwise you're just manipulating and using functions that dont actually make sense to you.

Reactions: Star-scream

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1