Gaming When will Mario Kart 8 be released, for 3ds?

RyanWW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know? I've only seen itavailable for wii u, and by the looks of it, it will be a wii u exclusive, but not sure.

RyanWW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario kart 7 is for 3DS, so I dont think that another one will be made.

Oh alright. Really weird way to run a business. Yeah some might buy the Wii u to get the Mario Kart 8, but most will avoid the console, meaning they will also avoid buying the game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh alright. Really weird way to run a business. Yeah some might buy the Wii u to get the Mario Kart 8, but most will avoid the console, meaning they will also avoid buying the game.
You have it the wrong way around. Nintendo is hoping that people who want to buy Mario Kart 8 will buy a WiiU so that they get more sales.

RyanWW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have it the wrong way around. Nintendo is hoping that people who want to buy Mario Kart 8 will buy a WiiU so that they get more sales.

I can see that's what they're hoping for. But the consoles are much more expensive then the game, so not sure if it will work out. Especially knowing the next mario kart won't be on the Wii U.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can see that's what they're hoping for. But the consoles are much more expensive then the game, so not sure if it will work out. Especially knowing the next mario kart won't be on the Wii U.
Yes, but the next Mario Kart will be on a console or handheld that isn't even announced yet. That'll take years.

Reactions: SLiV3R

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How long have you been around the video game scene? One M'kart per console/handheld is how Nintendo has been doing it since... well, as long as I can remember.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1 game per generation (VC versions also included) via Wikipedia:

Super Mario Kart (1992, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Wii Virtual Console)
Mario Kart 64 (1996, Nintendo 64, Wii Virtual Console)
Mario Kart: Super Circuit (2001, Game Boy Advance, 3DS Virtual Console)
Mario Kart: Double Dash‼ (2003, Nintendo GameCube)
Mario Kart DS (2005, Nintendo DS)
Mario Kart Wii (2008, Wii)
Mario Kart 7 (2011, Nintendo 3DS)
Mario Kart 8 (2014, Wii U)

Of course there is the arcade games too, but they're something completely different too..

Reactions: dxplay2128

dxplay2128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What are they gonna call it, I wonder? 4DS? 5DS?

Welp, I'm hyped. But I haven't still began to enjoy my 3DS :shy:

long ago I read a comment on youtube calling it "HDS", of course he was joking, but if nintendo continue the trend of just changing or adding a single letter to their products, he might be right.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
never: Nintendo used the 3DS like a wet dish rag as a soak test to see if the mario kart franchise was still profitable. It was. So...port it on your main console and fuck over the handheld, because they just used it. Just like Resident Evil Revelations. Hype the game and make it "exclusive" to 3DS. Then when it sells well, completely abandon it including all DLC plans, and port it to your struggling console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-