Homebrew When will CFW for 11.3 become available?

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been considering CFW now that the 3DS is irrelevant in the Nintendo world, and I was wondering when or if CFW would be available for 11.3. Not a big deal if it never is, just wondering.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be available once sighax is ready which is being worked on but it is slow work. Note that on 11.3 you will probably need a hardmod to use sighax.

Reactions: NightScript

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
double edged sword, People move on. The ds hacking has become a ghost town in threads so with people spending time with new hardware comes the forgetfulness of projects and eventually become irellevant as the next version can do all of its old things and more. And that offers new ways to create things that the 3ds may not of been able to do back then. It may come it may not, but don't waist your life on hope.

Last edited by RivenMain,

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I never knew that there were threads of this topic that existed. Otherwise, I would have read them and not have made this post. Secondly, I said it's not a big deal. If it's there it's there. If not, oh well.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be available once sighax is ready which is being worked on but it is slow work. Note that on 11.3 you will probably need a hardmod to use sighax.
Um, you're correct and wrong at the same time.

Sighax will require NAND access. Currently, the only way to do so is by doing a hardmod (like you said), but DSIWare hax is also possible. DSIWarehax didn't get patched. Only the downgrading did.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

StrHkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back, the SafeSigHax dev said:
d0k3 said:
Re simplicity (cause I know a lot of you want to see how this works, even if I told you no): It will work by simply putting some files into the sdcard:/sighax folder, running SafeSigHax installer, entering a button sequence, wait a few seconds, done. Simple, no?.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c..._the_safesighaxinstaller_repo_public/deb4g4z/

So no, a hardmod likely won't be required, but it's always nice to have a NAND dump on hand regardless.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
A while back, the SafeSigHax dev said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c..._the_safesighaxinstaller_repo_public/deb4g4z/

So no, a hardmod likely won't be required, but it's always nice to have a NAND dump on hand regardless.

Except that will not work for 11.3 unless you already have a9lh or someone releases an arm9 exploit. Thus a hardmod or already hacked 3ds for dsiware nand access will most likely be required for those on 11.3.

I just hope that sighax will be backwards compatible as I don't like the idea of having to rewrite FIRM every time a Luma update comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1