Hacking When will a fully functional 3DS flashcart be released?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want the 3DS flashcart to run DS games, I want the 3DS flashcart to run JUST 3DS games and take full advantage of the 3DS hardware. When will we get a flashcart like that?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone who is asking this question act like they don't know the answer, so to answer your question...
No one knows, and it may take several months before we get something that works.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
April 23rd at 3:47pm UST
You sir are my hero. I'm glad we got someone with some insider information on here.
yaynds.gif

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'd say june-july. In a little more pessimistic approach, by this autumn, but not a full-fledged plug-and-play card, but something much more complex (like FlashMe or slot-2 pass devices were).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have insider information that a 4DS card will be released December 12th, 1965, at 4:76 and 98 seconds (give or take). Unfortunately it will be made of pancakes.

Okay seriously nobody knows. While some flash cart teams may claim they're putting out a 3DS cart, it will run in DS or DSi mode, not 3DS mode. They're just calling it a 3DS cart because it runs on the 3DS, and they want to get sales.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I have insider information that a 4DS card will be released December 12th, 1965, at 4:76 and 98 seconds (give or take). Unfortunately it will be made of pancakes.

Okay seriously nobody knows. While some flash cart teams may claim they're putting out a 3DS cart, it will run in DS or DSi mode, not 3DS mode. They're just calling it a 3DS cart because it runs on the 3DS, and they want to get sales.
Darn that Biff Tannen!

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont expect "Flash carts" to exist. Atleast not in the form that we know them.

I expect (And am hoping) to see Flash Carts that are made ONLY to modify the 3DS's firmware. You put the Cart in, Press the "A" Button, Accept some terms that it's not their fault your DS Burst into flames, wait a few minutes, and then play 3DS and DS Roms straight from the 3DS's SD Card slot.

That's what i hope for, and thats what i think we're going to see.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Rydian said:

Darn that Biff Tannen!
Nice BTTF reference, dude
biggrin.gif
But... that was 1955
tongue.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the DSi took two years (iEvo, we still don't have NAND and SD(?) access). Expect the same or longer for the 3DS.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what you have to do is this, you need to find a big guy, who never had a girlfriend for obvious reasons, and you need to charm him into marrying you.
then, in a few years, you might be able to adopt a child to take care of and at that time, you may ask again.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say about 2-5 years for a flash cart or some hack that firmware mods it.

Off topic
If it does end up being a game exploit that breaks the 3DS wide open. I'm gonna laugh if it is ocarina of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.