when do y'all game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by chavosaur, Nov 19, 2012.

Nov 19, 2012

when do y'all game? by chavosaur at 3:39 AM (753 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. chavosaur
    OP

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    I just aquired my very first job, and let me tell you, its like I have no time for games anymore! Between school, work, and a social life, theres less and less time to enjoy a good ol Mario break or call of duty match Y'know?
    So my question is, when do y'all find the time to work gaming in? Are you a weekend kinda guy, or one of those "No sleep must work in my gaming fix", kinda guys?

2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Since the beginning of the semester... never. I left my 360 at home, and while I could get started on my laptop (though my gaming choices would probably be limited to Pong and Space War, if I'm lucky), I haven't really had the time to get around to it.

I suppose this is a harbinger of things to come. Whoopee.

Castiel and BortzANATOR like this.
  3. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    I have a full time job, and I usually game for about 10 to 20 minutes on my 3DS or PSP (depends which one I bring with me) during my break, after I'm done eating breakfast/lunch. I also play in the evening, and on my off days. Heck, sometimes after a particularly stressful day at work I'll sit down in my car in the parking lot and game on my handheld for a little before leaving.

4. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    hardly ever

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    ahhh, that's the worst part of the gamers!
    before work = no monies for games
    Work = lot of money but no time to play them anymore :cry:

I'm not playing as much as I did (I often played 18h a day when I was unemployed).
    the evening, after work, I'm lurking on the net, checking forums mostly, watching videos, sometime even watching TV after diner and not playing at all.
    It leaves me the weekends, after house chores and duties.

Or, if a game is very interesting to me (zelda/metroidvania), I skip all the "week day's routines" and intensively play games after work until bed time.
    Never playing games too late.

I'm also waiting for days off, vacations etc.
    I took one week off for WiiU launch.

xwatchmanx likes this.
  6. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    maybe 2 or 3 days a week I'll play from around 11pm until around 1am...

7. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    If I have a job then I would come home, prep a quick dinner and play games till I go to sleep.
    All of my friends (which isn't much) are also gamers so I would "socialize" with them online ;p

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I find that with a thriving social life, 40h work week and other things get in the way of gaming.

Consoles are so hard for me to play because of the time you have to invest to sit down and park in ONE spot for hours and hours. Even when its Halo night with my Gaylo friends, I still find it hard to play with them for more that 2 or 3 hours, even though i bought a console just for that purpose as well as setting aside a night collectivly for all of us to play together.

For some reason, its way easier for me to pick up a handheld and play much longer and enjoy it more. I guess i should have added that i dont find console gaming that much much. How that is possilble, i dont even know, but I tend to get my jollies with a handheld rather than a wii (even though i love it) or a 360.

So when do i game? Huh. Well when I am pretty deep into a game i play for a bit in the evening but its really something i kinda do to calm down before bedtime. Ill lay in bed for anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe an hour or hour and a half*. I try to get to bed around midnight most nights. But yeah, if you wanted to catch me gaming, I suggest sneaking into my room at 11 or so when i have the lights off and im in the mystical relhm of my 3DS or PSP.

*My junior year of college when i was home for spring break, it was cloudy and dark for the first half of the week. About tuesday of break I finished FF7 on my PSP (finally, after 50 some hours). That afternoon, I swapped my eboots out and started FF9. my room was newly re arranged, clean, dusted, everything. I layed in bed with my PSP (the moon was full that night) and played FF9 for what seemed like minutes. I looked at the clock, 3:30. I couldnt believe it. I paused the game and checked the disks to see how many there were. I remember saying "Im so happy there are 4 disks to this game".

9. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Almost never.

If I can it's usually late at night.

10. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    That sounds more like an invitation to sex than anything else.

xwatchmanx likes this.
  11. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Sometimes I get so busy that I get time to play on the weekend.

12. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Gotta get rich. Rob a bank, marry a fat wealthy women, or move in with a gay guy and lead him on until he takes care of all your financial needs. Oh yes, I am going places.

13. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Evenings and weekends. I don't really watch much tv as it's mostly crap, also less sleep=more games :D.

14. BORTZ

United States
    I mean there is also a chance that when I used "gaming" in that sentence i might have meant "Yanking it"

xwatchmanx and Suprgamr232 like this.
  15. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Almost never during the weekdays and almost never times 2 during the weekends. I'll usually get a max of 3-4 hours of playtime in an entire week, so it just kind of spreads itself out. I definitely haven't been gaming as much, though, which when I was young thought would never happen.

Of course, since I have school and work off most of this week and most of my friends are going away I have a feeling I'll be spending as much time as I can catching up on my gaming list.

16. BORTZ

United States
    Oh god my gaming list...

17. Castiel

Member Castiel GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I played our Wii U yesterday, and that was the first thing I had played in at least a week. School, helping people out, and other social stuff keep me from being able to game.

18. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    I've been sort of like this lately, too. It's just so much easier to collapse on the bed, grab the handheld, and play when I get off work. I'm usually so exhausted that I feel too lazy even to get up and set up the console and sit in the chair, even though it would take like a minute at most. :P

19. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I've got to admit: with a taxing job, a girlfriend and two planned moves (my job switched locations and I'll be moving to another house soon) and a nanowrimo entry, gaming has taken a backseat. Most of the time, I'll do it commuting from and to my job nowadays (xperia play FTW!).

I'm planning to pick it up when I've got the time for it, but I can't make guarantees. :(

20. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    Working and studying part time which is makes it full time for me. I game an hour before bed every night or I'll feel funny the next day lol Then when weekend kicks in its maybe half a day or a little less than that :P