When am I allowed to worry?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by Chronotank, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Chronotank
    OP

Chronotank Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2010
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Hey guys, so I ordered an Acekard 2i with a 2GB flash card on the 2nd of October. I believe it shipped sometime between the 4th and 5th making that a Monday or Tuesday. I'm starting to worry because it's getting closer and closer to the 4 week mark and based on what I've read in the "Free Shipping Survey" thread, the average delivery time for someone in the US (west coast btw) is mostly 1-2 weeks or less often 2-3.

This is my first internet purchase from a site such as this (small overseas flashcard retailers) though I have purchased many things from sites such as Newegg and Amazon.

So my question is am I allowed to be worried yet? Or should I just see what happens by week 5?

Thanks.

2. BowlOfSpiders

BowlOfSpiders hi

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Give it a bit more time. After this week, you can be worried.

3. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    it's been more than 2 weeks, I think it's time to worry
    open a ticket and see what they say

4. lukands

lukands I took the little bus here

Mar 27, 2009
    Estonia
    Your mamas house
    I have had a few things sit at customs for weeks before the mailman delivered them.

5. Chronotank
    OP

Chronotank Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2010
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for the responses. Ya I'm just trying not to freak out yet haha.

I want to give it a little more time but I feel like this is getting a little ridiculous.

Maybe I should open up a ticket like RoMee said. Maybe they'll have some insight into the problem.

6. golfrguy

golfrguy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2008
    I placed a order at the same time as you too. It has been 4 weeks and I have yet to receive my order. I live in Japan and airmail usually takes about 3-4 days from China.

I ended up submitting a ticket and was told they cannot do anything till after 5weeks when they consider the package 'lost'. They will either offer me a replacement or refund.

7. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    you should read this: http://shoptemp.com/pages/Will-I-receive-m...ristmas%3F.html
    they are pushing back the limit to 8 weeks due to the severe delays from the hong kong post.
    around christmas it gets a lot tighter and delays get bigger. But you still get your parcel at the end of the day, so Shoptemp shouldnt have to refund it or send a second one.
    read the "shoptemp involvement" part at the end of the page i linked.

to answer your question:
    no you shouldn't worry anyway because you'll get your parcel eventually (if it's late, you'll get it. If it's lost, shoptemp will send another one). I could understand if you're impatient though [​IMG] but blame the Hong Kong post for it (or blame the millions of people for ordering stuff around christmas time)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice