When am I allowed to worry?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by Chronotank, Oct 26, 2010.

Oct 26, 2010
  1. Chronotank
    OP

Newcomer Chronotank Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, so I ordered an Acekard 2i with a 2GB flash card on the 2nd of October. I believe it shipped sometime between the 4th and 5th making that a Monday or Tuesday. I'm starting to worry because it's getting closer and closer to the 4 week mark and based on what I've read in the "Free Shipping Survey" thread, the average delivery time for someone in the US (west coast btw) is mostly 1-2 weeks or less often 2-3.

This is my first internet purchase from a site such as this (small overseas flashcard retailers) though I have purchased many things from sites such as Newegg and Amazon.

So my question is am I allowed to be worried yet? Or should I just see what happens by week 5?

Thanks.

2. BowlOfSpiders

Member BowlOfSpiders hi

United States
    Give it a bit more time. After this week, you can be worried.

3. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    it's been more than 2 weeks, I think it's time to worry
    open a ticket and see what they say

4. lukands

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    I have had a few things sit at customs for weeks before the mailman delivered them.

5. Chronotank
    OP

Newcomer Chronotank Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the responses. Ya I'm just trying not to freak out yet haha.

I want to give it a little more time but I feel like this is getting a little ridiculous.

Maybe I should open up a ticket like RoMee said. Maybe they'll have some insight into the problem.

6. golfrguy

Newcomer golfrguy Newbie

Japan
    I placed a order at the same time as you too. It has been 4 weeks and I have yet to receive my order. I live in Japan and airmail usually takes about 3-4 days from China.

I ended up submitting a ticket and was told they cannot do anything till after 5weeks when they consider the package 'lost'. They will either offer me a replacement or refund.

7. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

you should read this: http://shoptemp.com/pages/Will-I-receive-m...ristmas%3F.html
    they are pushing back the limit to 8 weeks due to the severe delays from the hong kong post.
    around christmas it gets a lot tighter and delays get bigger. But you still get your parcel at the end of the day, so Shoptemp shouldnt have to refund it or send a second one.
    read the "shoptemp involvement" part at the end of the page i linked.

to answer your question:
    no you shouldn't worry anyway because you'll get your parcel eventually (if it's late, you'll get it. If it's lost, shoptemp will send another one). I could understand if you're impatient though [​IMG] but blame the Hong Kong post for it (or blame the millions of people for ordering stuff around christmas time)