Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
System software 3.95
PSP 2000
No cfw
It seems to have gotten worse
3.95? He mustn't have updated that thing since around '08. Try turning it on with just the charger (take the battery out) if it doesn't boot up open the UMD tray, leave it open and try again. The screen could have gotten damage. But got to make sure it's not power related.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the psp on, tap the back of it and all over. Maybe use a marker to tap. It'll make better vibrations than a finger with skin. If you see the screen flicker, it's probably a loose ribbon cable from a drop. Who knows though, one can only guess. It's not software related though.

ployermick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3.95? He mustn't have updated that thing since around '08. Try turning it on with just the charger (take the battery out) if it doesn't boot up open the UMD tray, leave it open and try again. The screen could have gotten damage. But got to make sure it's not power related.
Boots up just fine

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With the psp on, tap the back of it and all over. Maybe use a marker to tap. It'll make better vibrations than a finger with skin. If you see the screen flicker, it's probably a loose ribbon cable from a drop. Who knows though, one can only guess. It's not software related though.
Few tryes didn't get screen flicker but got moving pixels next to that white line

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen is the easiest part to replace and are pretty cheap. Here is a guide. When you open it, be careful of the ribbon cables. I'm not saying that this is your trouble, but the screen (the cables to it) are highly suspect. If I was you, I'd pop the battery back in after I get the faceplate off and wiggle those ribbon cables.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The screen is the easiest part to replace and are pretty cheap. Here is a guide. When you open it, be careful of the ribbon cables. I'm not saying that this is your trouble, but the screen (the cables to it) are highly suspect. If I was you, I'd pop the battery back in after I get the faceplate off and wiggle those ribbon cables.

this

I've replaced a couple of screens on PSP's I've picked up cheap from pawn shops over the years

it is a pretty simple fix if the parts are available

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
this

I've replaced a couple of screens on PSP's I've picked up cheap from pawn shops over the years

it is a pretty simple fix if the parts are available
Same, it doesn't take too much time to replace either. I suppose if the OP is not certain about the steps to take, there are indeed teardown guides online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over