sabakun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok the save thing stopped happening
but now the yellow thing broke off in my ez flash IV! my friends teacher soldered it back on but it still doesnt work!!!! O...o...o....OUENDAN!!!!!!!(is one of the games i wanna play but i cant cause my ez flash is broken!T_T)

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i could put a picture on this forum tomorrow for him but we did solder it on the right way because i just saw the review for the ez4 lite and the picture he is talking about is for the ez4 deluxe. So since i did solder it the right way what should we do

sabakun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please if you have read any of this you can tell that we need serious help! so please dont read if you cant help cause i need it fixed ASAP!!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got a DMM? Can you verify the battery carries a charge and is connected to the circuit properly? Did the contacts sever at the battery or on the circuit board?

The battery is used to supply power to SRAM in the MFC to retain data when the bus has no power. If it ripped off the board, the circuit or a related component or PCB via may have been damaged. If you had to solder the other end directly to the battery, the heat may have damaged the battery. There are options to replace the battery, with the correct part number you are looking for a rechargeable type wrather than a single use battery. IIRC Panasonic or Sanyo makes identical replacements with mounting tangs (the information is posted on the unofficial EZ forum somewhere if you need it).

About the best I can do is give you images of the deluxe, but that won't help verify other components weren't a problem.

QUOTE said:
Unless you made a mistake in the soldering and soldered it to another component, the battery should not affect bootability. All it does is provide power to the SRAM to keep your save games when the unit does not get power from the DS/GBA bus.

When putting the PCB back into the cart, make sure it is aligned properly so the contacts are right forward to the lip. Try putting a thin strip of cardboard under the PCB where those contacts are (by contacts, I mean the little fingers that connect it to the DS). Make sure they are clean.

sabakun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok here we go. ya see. we may think we soldered it on wrong... so tommorow were gonna fix that see if that works because i have the old ez flash IV lite (old one) so it might not work. but hey if it doesnt ill just blow my brains out! life goes on! everybody wins!!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want serious help, you have to seriously co-operate and try to understand. I cannot beam skill to you, so if it is beyond your ability to do what I say without me looking over your shoulder... then you are a consumer who should buy another one, as it is far cheaper than me coming over there to watch. If nothing else, print what I put and take it to your teacher and see what they think, or at least be thankful these devices aren't around $200, so the loss isn't as bad as it could have been.

I am still wondering, which part did break off - the part of the tang towards the battery or the part towards the circuit board. Without some sort of clue as to what (exactly) you had to fix, I have no idea how extensive any side damages could be... which makes pretty much any help I or anyone else could give you through text messages "peeing into the wind", so to speak (in laymans terms).

Any words you don't understand, Google will be happy to help put them into context. Just try this for example, on Google: "wiki SRAM" or "wiki PCB"

Sorry if what I am saying isn't a tonne of help. I learned with little to no instruction, and I have always been a firm believer, that "if I can do it, anyone can."

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay sorry but i think i know what you are talking about and it did break off the circut board itself so i have the battery with the legs on it and thanks for the hellp btw
smile.gif

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
also ithink i know what a ddm is doesnt it hook up to batteries and its give the number of volts or ohms it gives off i will check it out thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm straight but we can whack dicks together