Whats up with all the flamewars?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone noticed that the amount of flaming has increased by a lot since the whole Brawl frenzy?
I don't mean to point any fingers but it seems that most of these involve newcomers who jump on the bandwagon.
Whenever we poke fun at anyone for being a fanboy or a troll, they seem to attack that person based on their opinions which they've accumulated over the course of 2 or 3 weeks.

Especially all the hate directed towards Bonemonkey and ZeWarriorReturns (you really need to shorten your name)
And with 2 topics calling for a stop of all these flamewars have been completely and utterly ruined, does it make you think that something is seriously going wrong?

This is a friendly forum.
Fanboyism is annoying but you shouldn't start flamwars over it.
Anything in Testing area is not to be taken seriously.
Whenever anyone says something you disagree with, there is no need to attack that persons character...

frown.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People are going to be people.
They're going to get mad at some one and flame them...it happens all the time on forums.

What do you think the staff is for?
tongue.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gah flamewars are bound to happen, people just see things differently and there's all that fanboy stuff. We ain't mind readers, and that is part of what causes people to flame each other.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It usually starts as a disagreement then turns into a personal thing.

I know with the SSBB thing, I put out a post that basically said that people shouldn't get all up in arms because SSBB didn't work with their chip because you knowingly take that chance when you start modding.... It's one of the understood risks.

ANyways, I never looked back at that thread because I don't want to get sucked into a flamewar.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Maybe it's because I only look around the DS & Wii Dump Forums; I haven't noticed that many "Flame Wars" (Yeah, I think the name itself sounds absurd).

If you're talking about the 'Wars' happening in the "Official SSBB discussion thread" count me out.

Seeing 1.4k Posts on that thread alone frikkin' scares the shit out of me.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
people flame cause its fun. or they are just basement trolls with too much pride in their consoles which their mothers bought for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-