Hacking What's the best CFW available?

bryceone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I updated my CFW firmware on my PSP.

I have a PSP 1000 with 6.60 ME-2.2 CFW installed. Ive been reading that there's a PRO version. Especially when looking at RetroArch, it says I need to have CFW PRO-C installed. Should I update to this, and if so, where's the best place for instructions for installing it on the CFW I already have?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can triple boot with pro fast recovery.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I'm also on 6.60 me 2.3 spoofed to 6.61 using version.txt. I can fast recover into pro within a second or two or even ofw.

updating to 6.61 is pointless.

Last edited by godreborn,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro isn't a better version of ME, they're different cfws. Retroarch should work just fine with ME, although I wouldn't really recommend using it on a PSP.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same question... I'm kind of lost here (I did post this to REDDIT)...

I have a PHAT 1000 that I have had from the days when the system was current. I did a CFW a VERY LONG TIME ago, It had HEN on it, I do forget the version but, everything seemed to play fine, so if it ain't broken, don't fix it !. I started playing with it again and I remember the thing I hated about the PSP is the screen traces during fast game play.

Reading that the screen issues were resolved in the 2000/3000, I ended up grabbing a 3001 with a part disc read issue for $35. I want to get this to the level my 1001 was on. It came with 6.60 OFW. A little dust behind the screen but otherwise seems to work fine and charge fine.

I tried PRO-C temp firmware, Games seem to load but, getting corrupt data issues when loading games (If I put it back in my 1000, it's 100% fine) . I play PSP games and emulators (like all of them)

By a lot of reading here and REDDIT, I did install Infinity 2.03 with no issues but, now I am wondering what is the better CFW to go with should play my games with out errors.

Looking around there is a lot of different CFWs with different advantages, it's a little confusing for one that has been out for a while.

What would do you think would be the BETTER CFW for my needs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: