Hacking What's my problem

BiscuitCookie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I got my D2pro9 working and it boots burned games fine although there are some issues.
I was going for the gc games first and then for the wii games
so I burned pikmin 1 and 2 they work flawless sofar
then I burned Mario kart DD and that's when problems started, MKDD only showed a black screen (I think it's a bad dump)
Metroid Prime worked fine until I arived on tailon and went up the elevator with the cutscene it hung (but not always at the same spot)
and Pokemon XD GoD NTSC-U it only gives the health warning screen in black and white and after that just black screen
the black and white probably is because my tv doesn't support NTSC but it did play VBA in color and afaik VBA requires for color a TV that supports NTSC

so any gues what's my problem?
Is it my dvd-drive? (SONY DVD RW DW-U12A)
or something totally different?

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony disc is not the top notch one, and both 16x and 8x are too fast. Burn at 4x maximum with another disc like Verbatim or Memorex

BiscuitCookie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know all of that
God there's always someone who says something different some say do 4x others say do 16x, 8x or w/e
It's sunday so I can't buy any DVD-R and my dvd+r are all used up
pokemon xd was burned at 4x
and wich brand of DVD's is best? is it like fly_us said verbatim or a other dvd?

btw is there any price difference between -R and +R and what's the price difference?

BiscuitCookie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fly_us said:
you can read about DVD media quality here http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Dont know about your place, but +R and -R are same prices at my place
ok and thanks for the link i'll try to get Verbatim if I can't find it i'll stick with Sony

and what version of imgburn is the best since I have seen a topic were people said they had problems with games burned with imgburn I currently have 2.4.2

btw for gamecube games what's better to burn .ISO or .GCM or it doesn't matter?
and if I need to convert it to .ISO or .GCM can I just change extensions or is safer to use a programm?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dj-Biscuit said:
I know all of that
God there's always someone who says something different some say do 4x others say do 16x, 8x or w/e
It's sunday so I can't buy any DVD-R and my dvd+r are all used up
pokemon xd was burned at 4x
and wich brand of DVD's is best? is it like fly_us said verbatim or a other dvd?

btw is there any price difference between -R and +R and what's the price difference?

Next time don't ask for help then and sort it out yourself, think logically and your answer will come and it will stop you moaning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple