What's (currently) the best flashcard?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PikaPerson01, Aug 4, 2011.

Aug 4, 2011
  1. PikaPerson01
    OP

Newcomer PikaPerson01 Advanced Member

United States
    I'm sure this topic's been asked a hundred times, so I apologize.

My Acekard 2i kind of crapped out on me. Had it for about a year or so, and like... the springs don't work or something? Like, there's no resistance when I put the SD card in and it feels all loose and bad and there's "no game inserted" when I try it.

Been thinking about upgrading, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere to upgrade to... So what's the best card on the market?

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    In terms of features? Definitely the SuperCard DSTwo. It has extra power when compared to other carts, allowing it to run GBA games and SNES games at full speed, without expansion (therefore letting you play GBA on your 3DS).

It can get a little expensive, but it's worth it.

Here's the link to the ShopTemp page.

3. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    go for a dstwo if you need every ds and every gba game ever for free, or if you'll be satisfied with the 10 free gba games early adopters get just get a new ak2i on the cheap.

4. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    As said above, the DS2 is the best card on the market in terms of most features. GBA, SNES, real time save, real time cheats, hardware based AP, and a great menu replacement in BAGplug. Having upgraded from an AK2.1, I've found it well worth the extra 15$ over what the AK2i would have cost me.

That said, if you don't care about any of the above, I would either just get a new AK2i or try to fix the one you have with the paper trick (http://gbatemp.net/t231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues) , as it's the best other card.

5. kotaro_14

Newcomer kotaro_14 Member

United States
    This question is getting ridiculous, there are many types of this type of question. Use the search function... But yes, the SuperCard DSTWO is the best thing out there atm.

6. Memoir

Member Memoir Undeserved

United States
    Yes the SuperCard DSTwo. The price is worth it, but cheaper can be better if you don't mind taking off emulation. (Everything else the SCDS2 does, I don't care for.) [​IMG]

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States