Emulation Whats better.. NOR or SRAM

kiwovo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I got 3 in 1 and cyclods but i got no idea what's SRAM , nor or whatever..
Please speak in language i can understand cause its bit complicated for me.. thanks

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's like comparing apples and oranges. SRAM is where the game save goes, and NOR is where the game itself goes. It might be PSRAM you're thinking about, in which case it's sort of like NOR except that it disappears when the DS is turned off. It's much faster than NOR when you write the game into it, though, which is an advantage. However, games flashed into NOR can be booted again right from the DS's firmware, but they take ages to write games to. Slot-2 flashcarts tend to have 16MB of PSRAM and 32MB of NOR, so the bigger games have to be flashed to NOR, but the smaller games are usually just flashed to the PSRAM.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or to put it in easier terms, if you put something in NOR it will take a long time at the beginning, but then it will act exactly like a regular GBA cartridge. With PSRAM, you have to load the game every time you start it (5-15 seconds depending on the game) and the data is lost once the DS is turned off (except your save data, which is kept).

Just trying to make the wording simpler to help with the language barrier.

kiwovo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
awesome help guys!
another qusetion that's related to slot 2 and pokemon migrate!
If I try to migrate (using 3in1 slot 2) will it work? does it acts like real gba cart?
and again thanks for awesome help

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some patches you can apply to the DS Pokemon games to allow them to see the 3in1 as if it was the GBA Pokemon game. I don't know the exact procedure, but it's possible. Check the EZ-Flash forums for instructions on that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay