GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately, most of my gaming is being done on my iPhone, and though I see lots of discussion about breaking the system, I rarely see any talk about actual apps. Figured perhaps folks might be interested to see what others are playing or tinkering with on their iDevice. We're always looking for something new to fool around with, and seeing what your fellow Tempers are currently distracted by might give you ideas about what to check out.

Recently, Sid Meier's Pirates went on sale, so I nabbed that and it's sucking up huge chunks of my time. Never played any of the original versions, so it's nice to finally catch up on the cheap. I also recently went back to Deathsmiles, probably my favorite shooter by Cave. It seems to be an acquired taste, but I love the mix of shmup meets Castlevania -- very cool! Plus, the Smartphone mode has some cool unlockables to work toward.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing Zuma's Revend(HD) on my iPad recently.

Also last summer I got "Amazing Breaker" while it was free for the iPhone and I've been really enjoying that. Despite the fact I play it on my iPad so it looks terrible, haha.

I also started playing Pocket Planes. It's really fun, haha. Which is what you should expect from the developers of Tiny Tower.

I never play games on my iPod touch I find it was too small for my hands. But that being said, I don't really game much on my Galaxy Nexus either. But that's another story for another day.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im not a big fan of platformers or anything like that being converted to work on ios devices the controls are finicky at best (virtual joypads on screen are annoying imo), im more of a fan of the touch only games made specifically for the device at the moment im playing Football manager 2012, Tiny Wings, Plague Inc and Tetris ofcourse. they sap alot of my time when im not busy with college.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Plague Inc is awesome. Already sunk many, many hours into it. That's one of those apps that'll probably stay on my phone forever.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Real Racing 2 HD on ipad2.easy controls,just tilt your device left or right to steer your car.
Driver on iphone/ipod.love the "take a ride" mode with the "no damage" cheats on.
and waiting for that Square-enix new Final Fantasy Dimensions game this summer.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing on my iPod ever since I ran out of interesting games I want to play right now on my PSP and DS.
Finished a few: Broken Sword 1 & 2, Beneath a Steel Sky, and Chaos Rings. Playing a few more:

Infinity Blade - only lack 1 weapon that can only be gotten on a 2nd new game+, so I'm probably not getting that. I can settle for 100%-1. People treat this one lowly because it's repetitive, but then that's what I expected and I appreciate the pick up and play gameplay.

Chaos Rings Ω - having finished the 1st one, I jumped immediately on the prequel. Loved the main story, and in the extras now, which is a whole lot more content I don't have the time to play.

Highway Rider - kinda like Lane Splitter, with more rag doll physics and close-calling near vehicles. An okay time-waster.

Mini Motor Racing - nice little racer, nabbed it free a while back and it's worth buying.

Cytus - great little music game based on DJMax Technika gameplay.

Got Cow? - Angry Birds Space-like game, but then I should say ABS is a Gow Cow?-like game, since this game went into development even before ABS. Simpler, still fun. I get bored of Angry Birds fast but this keeps my attention somehow.

Gonna be playing Chaos Rings II and Infinity Blade II very soon.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I normally don't play games on my iPhone, but I really like:
- Scribblenauts Remix
- Plants vs Zombies
- TapMania (because I love DDR. I modified the IPA and added my own songlist) [Free]
- Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes - Encore (Square Enix does great things on iOS)
- Crystal Defenders (Though Square Enix games tend to be pricey compared to others on the App Store)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs