Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depends on how depressed I am at that moment. I have kinds of sad moments where I don't want anyone near me, then I'll lock myself in my room, fap, listen to music, watch some anime, play some games, fap some more, and just try to get myself too busy to remember why I was sad.

And I have kinds of sad moments, where I just call some friends, and drink a lot, and have a good time that evening.

And on other moments I just have to see my GF and cuddle. (And eventually have sex, that helps, A LOT)

But yea, I guess that pretty much sums up all the reactions on this thread so far
tongue.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
draw cartoon characters, i have a stupid tendency of making the same expression while drawing the character
or watch cartoons
or play story-based games
or play with my raccoon

but i got anti-depressants from my psychologist and i'm an open-minded guy, so taking them isn't rly a problem for me
biggrin.gif

[and yes it helps a lot]

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My routine when depressed:

- Come here and bitch about the world in a new blog. Incidentally there's a new one up so things aren't going too well for me.

- Watch cartoons to try and relive some of my childhood memories. Futurama is helping today.

- Try to escape into a video game of some kind. Decent RPG's help a lot.

- Eat something ludicrously unhealthy. Normally involving bacon and at least three different cheeses.

- Buy myself something childish and utterly pointless in the grand scheme of things. Last time I got truly depressed I bought myself a cuddly moogle on eBay.

- Take Nanaki for a walk.

- Talk to my friends on Facebook.

Unfortunately if things continue to depress me then there's a different set of events that take place.

- I get angry, normally I can vent my rage but if I can't...

- I get violent. And if people continue to irritate me, then...

- I get so insanely mad that I temporarily lose control of myself and go on a rampage, attacking anything and anyone in range with my strongest abilities. My friends rather annoyingly refer to this rare event as my 'trance' as I have no control over anything I do during that time and only a few things can calm me down enough to let me regain my senses. It's only ever happened three times but the last time it did, I almost killed someone.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sebastian said:
When you are in bad emotion or in Depressed, what will do to deal it and make yourself good or happy?
I m irritable these days, but i cant have any ideas...

Depression is all about brain chemistry. Anything that includes 'oh my god I'm going to come' followed by actually doing that, is very beneficial in that it also produces some very positive brain chemistry reaction. I suffer from depression by the way, and I actually know it works.

But chocolate has a known positive effect on depression. It's safer than a lot of the meds the psychiatric profession push too (but there's no money in it for them to prescribe chocolate bars which explains why they rarely mention it).

I have found a walk in the park/woods/anything featuring nature is very theraputic. My advice, make some sandwiches and get on your bike and ride around some nice scenery and have yourself a personal picnic if you need to feel a bit better. If the season involves snow, simply swap boots for a bike or even better some cross country skiis.

If you can afford it, go out shopping with a plan to spend a harmless amount on yourself like 20-50 bucks on something for yourself. Spend the day for instance hunting out a game, or a book or a new cool T shirt. Something that requires all day. Enjoy the browsing knowing it ends with a treat.

Sebastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
Sebastian said:
When you are in bad emotion or in Depressed, what will do to deal it and make yourself good or happy?
I m irritable these days, but i cant have any ideas...

Depression is all about brain chemistry. Anything that includes 'oh my god I'm going to come' followed by actually doing that, is very beneficial in that it also produces some very positive brain chemistry reaction. I suffer from depression by the way, and I actually know it works.

But chocolate has a known positive effect on depression. It's safer than a lot of the meds the psychiatric profession push too (but there's no money in it for them to prescribe chocolate bars which explains why they rarely mention it).

I have found a walk in the park/woods/anything featuring nature is very theraputic. My advice, make some sandwiches and get on your bike and ride around some nice scenery and have yourself a personal picnic if you need to feel a bit better. If the season involves snow, simply swap boots for a bike or even better some cross country skiis.

If you can afford it, go out shopping with a plan to spend a harmless amount on yourself like 20-50 bucks on something for yourself. Spend the day for instance hunting out a game, or a book or a new cool T shirt. Something that requires all day. Enjoy the browsing knowing it ends with a treat.
Panzer Tacticer, Thanks for your share, helpful..
Appreciate...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Play videogames.
Play through a visual novel.

I also go for walks at around 2-4am if I can't sleep. I've been going on walks around that time for years now, hah.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline said:
Hells Malice said:
Play videogames.

I also go for walks at around 2-4am if I can't sleep. I've been going on walks around that time for years now, hah.
Getting mugged and possibly raped doesn't really help most people with depression.

Well I live in Canada so it isn't that dangerous. Er, usually. Even if I run into trouble, a gun is never involved so it's not a situation i can't handle.

Night time itself is a very nice time to be outside. It's quiet, calm and quite peaceful overall. The air is cool, and for some reason the night air just smells amazing. The sky is beautiful, and whenever the moon is full it just adds to the scenery that much more. My walks are incredibly calming. Sure, I run into trouble from time to time, but it's worth the risk.
People always suggest I go around 11 or 12 or something, where it's dark but not THAT late, but it's just not the same. Dunno why. I just like letting night time "settle in" before I experience it, I guess.

EDIT: Serene is the word I was looking for. Night time is very serene.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Sleep is best. Or play video games, because I tend to get engrossed in games and forget what I was depressed about after I'm done playing.

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually just let it all my emotions out while listening to the appropriate music.Depending on the mood.

After that I do things that will keep my mind busy. Watch shows, play video games, talk with friends and family, and relax after everything that has happened.

Sleep and relaxation is a good way to relieve oneself

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hells Malice said:
JoostinOnline said:
Hells Malice said:
Play videogames.

Getting mugged and possibly raped doesn't really help most people with depression.

Well I live in Canada so it isn't that dangerous. Er, usually. Even if I run into trouble, a gun is never involved so it's not a situation i can't handle.

Night time itself is a very nice time to be outside. It's quiet, calm and quite peaceful overall. The air is cool, and for some reason the night air just smells amazing. The sky is beautiful, and whenever the moon is full it just adds to the scenery that much more. My walks are incredibly calming. Sure, I run into trouble from time to time, but it's worth the risk.
People always suggest I go around 11 or 12 or something, where it's dark but not THAT late, but it's just not the same. Dunno why. I just like letting night time "settle in" before I experience it, I guess.

EDIT: Serene is the word I was looking for. Night time is very serene.
Going out for walk is not a bad idea at all.
However, my area woudnt be considered the safest around
tongue.gif
I sometimes sit in my back garden and listen to music. Or just walk around back and forth lol.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Really the common factor with these suggestions is doing something to get your mind off the problem.

Still, I find that to be more of a temporary solution if it's something big. Just finding someone to talk to (and who will listen) is the best way to get over it. Trying to make yourself forget it rarely works for good.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JoostinOnline said:
Really the common factor with these suggestions is doing something to get your mind off the problem.

Still, I find that to be more of a temporary solution if it's something big. Just finding someone to talk to (and who will listen) is the best way to get over it. Trying to make yourself forget it rarely works for good.
Sometimes you just gotta be alone in a good environment to clear your mind.
Not disagreeing with you about talking to people, but if you are in too much shit that barely helps.

I guess I am just speaking of how things went with me. I am very open about everything and talked throughly with everyone. The thing is, nothing got better for me and it just carried on like that and even your closest friends would get fed up listening to your problems all the times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout +1