What would you do if you won the lottery?

MPRTwice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The billionaires I've been around in person told me that I can easily be the richest man in the world within a year's worth of time. I told them I know, but I can't take it with me and neither can anyone else. My works, on the other hand, I keep forever!

So to the question, I'd ask who bought me a lottery ticket and why.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guess I'd also buy a house with the lottery money, the rest I would pay off to bills, I guess.

The billionaires I've been around in person told me that I can easily be the richest man in the world within a year's worth of time. I told them I know, but I can't take it with me and neither can anyone else. My works, on the other hand, I keep forever!

So to the question, I'd ask who bought me a lottery ticket and why.
Another thing you might want to ask to yourself, is never tell anybody that you've won money, as they can steal it to benefit themselves instead of you. I know many who have won the lottery ended up in prison or wasted it on private jets or fancy cars.

mia_davis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to win the lottery to buy a dog? Why don't you get one without winning the lottery?
Because a dog needs proper care, and to decide to get one, you need to understand that it will also cost a lot of money. That's why I'm not ready and unable to allocate such funds for a dog now, but if I could win the lottery and have a large sum of money, I would buy a dog without hesitation

Reactions: hippy dave

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pay off bills, pay to get my car fixed, get some land and get a house built. I would definitely still work because the first rule of having money is don't tell anyone you have it, flaunting it falls under this too.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because a dog needs proper care, and to decide to get one, you need to understand that it will also cost a lot of money. That's why I'm not ready and unable to allocate such funds for a dog now, but if I could win the lottery and have a large sum of money, I would buy a dog without hesitation

It doesn't cost a lot of money to own a dog and give them proper care. I've had pets my entire life and that's not an accurate statement. My internet costs me more every month.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pay bills, buy a house without neighbors around, build walls around the acres, and the rest save for retirement.

ChristopherSims

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely invest some of the money, buy a home and continue to work and live without thinking about how I would support myself, I think life would be a little bit easier and more fun

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In my country the name of the winner of a lottery is not publicly announced, they just say [X] number of people got the numbers rights and will be receiving [X] amount of money. From that onwards I think they have three months to pickup their money from any lottery house. I've seen a lot of threads and videos on what to do if you win the lottery in USA, but because the name of the winner is kept private a lot of things here would be different. But I would still assume someone working for the lottery house would leak my name. Also, my bank would be the first to known I have that much of money now and would try to push a lot of things for me (investments, premium account etc).

But, if it me winning the lottery here, the first thing I would do is not pick the money right away. I would let it pass a month or so until no major news is talking about it anymore. I would get myself a financial advisor, and I heard you have to hire one from a big firm because the backlash of one of theirs scamming you would be a bad PR for their firm. I would get my money from a lottery house far away fro where I live, and choose the small payment option over withdrawing the entire sum all at once. I won't get the entire money for myself, but it would be easier to control little money than big money, and interest rates would let that money growing a little over the years.

I'm single right now, no family of my own, and I don't have many friends, so no big party for me. I would keep my mouth shut and keep living like nothing happened. I would like to invest part of the money in something conservative, so I can cash in years or decades later. I'm 27 now, have a good relationship with parents and my own house, so no need to worry about having big money now. After that I would... just live normally. Probably pay for medical exams for my aging mom, any other debt we might have, renovate our house etc. Buy an apartment or land far away where I live, so I can have my own place, maybe rent for someone else and have another monthly influx of money. After some time, say a year, move from my house to said apartment far away from the neighborhood and people who might know me. Say I just got a good job offer.

Yes, I would travel, visit the State where I was born, and enjoy games and good food, but trying not to blow up my money on stupid things. And If I got a partner, I wouldn't tell her I'm a lottery winner, at least not until enough time has passed. Maybe just lie a little and say I have old investments that are paying up now. Ah, and I would move my mom from her house to somewhere else, where she can rest and be safe, and not having to worry about having to work another day of her life again.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sort out family and friends, help them clear up debts and support their families.

Then, give my own family a decent, insulated home that doesn't get cold and mouldy all the time with room for us.

Then I'd quit my job and write books for the rest of my life.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: its where the song was found lmao.