Hacking What update is packed with Okami?

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok:

So because I'm stupid as hell, I did the Wii system update on the Okami (U) disc on my NTSC-J Wii. I now have a semi-bricked console (no settings page).

I would like the use WuM to fix this...or anything really to fix this...but I have no idea what firmware Okami uses, and if there is a newer firmware my Wii will allow me to update to.

Can anyone tell me what can (or can't) be done?

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Egrialuca said:
okami i think is 3.1u_v3

Yes it sure is, didn't know WuM could check that. Trying to put on more recent firmware...

Edit: 3.2J is the only one, and it can only be updated via the settings page......that I can't access ;(

Guess I'm stuck.

enito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
what game can be? i still searching a game with 3.2u, for fix my semi bricked wii
frown.gif

greets

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dweirdo said:
super smash brothers brawl?

And Mario Kart is 3.1_V3. Currently the only firmware that is a better version is 3.2, but isn't packed with any games, and hence has not been dumped anywhere, from what I know.

I would absolutely love to be proved wrong.

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but thats unlikely lol - Mario Kart Jap actually carries the same Systemmenu update as SSBB, so any JAP brick with 3.1U/E_v2/3 is not fixable until the next update carrying game is released. I'd love to try replacing a WiiSystemMenu from SSBB JAP into something carrying 3.1U_v3 or E_v3 and see if that will force an update, but the possibility of bricking and later problems is simply too large for me atm, though if someone who bricked with SSBB US wants to try this, and then immediately update to 3.2, it may work perfectly (judging from the update file structure).

syserror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, i'm another fool here, bricked my wii exactly the same way like this thread owner... i'm trying to get mario kart, did u try it? just trying my luck... awww, i wish someone could get the dump of 3.2J and pack into game with WUM....

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No JAP updates exist that will unbrick it. Until some sort of semi-brick fixer is found, thats all until now. (I HAVE tried Mario Kart Wii JAP, and it does not prompt an update because the WiiSystemMenu files found in U versions are v257 (v258 in v3) and in E versions are v258, whereas in JAP versions are v256 atm).

syserror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ouch, that hurts to hear the truth... guess i'll just have to stick to my semi-bricked for the time being...thanks a lot mwaddoups! i'll be waiting for the next firmware upgrade release...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1