Fighting Games

What type of fighting game player are you?

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't mean "what archetype do you play?" or anything like that, I mean, what would you say is your playstyle. I'll give a few examples.
1. Big Brain. Knows the game inside and out, knows framedata for a lot of moves and will use knowledge that they have to beat you.
2. Heart. This player follows their heart. They do whatever they feel like doing, regardless if it makes sense, and if it's good for them or not, which usually makes them relatively unpredictable. High change that they're playing to have fun, and while they might not know everything and usually aren't the greatest players, they go by just fine. (I am like this.)
3. Ape. You play rushdown characters and like mashing buttons and being agressive 24/7
4. The Button Masher. Everybody was this at some point. You already know what this is.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. For something like KOF,Guilty Gear orBlazBlue etc. I like to try new characters that seem interesting (and ones i'm not familiar) with in the practice mode, trying to learn/& pull of combos and their unique special moves until i'm comfortable playing with them. I often go with a well rounded team with a range of fast/med/slow attackers that i know how to use very well, and i'm not an expert on fighting games or anything, though i can handle myself fairly well. If i'm stuck at a certain battle, i just keep blocking if the AI is spamming attacks until i get a clear shot with my special attacks, if i somehow couldn't land it, i start spamming cheap attacks eating at their health meter until it depletes, (i'm looking at you Orochi '97). Same with SF i would say.
For something like Tekken, it's more about timing than mashing for me, and you don't have to worry about memorizing button combinations, It's all strategic. Though the final bosses are all cheap, and with some characters/fighters you just can't do it, wouldn't hurt to tone the difficulty down a bit.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess, for the most part, I'm 80% "heart", 15% "ape", and 5% "big brain". 😁
...although it very much depends on the game, and often on specific characters.
Say... Cammy in USFIV - then it's more like 50% big brain, 50% heart.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: