Hardware What to do with O3DS 7.2.0-15E?

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get ahold of an O3DS 7.2.0-15E for a good price and was wondering a few things;
1. Is this a good purchase anyway given the current scene?
2. What are the current methods for updating the system to 9.0-9.2 without further purchases?
- i note that cooking mama and some smash bros carry the 9.2 update... will .3ds or .cia be able to apply the update?

D

Deleted-236924

Once you have cfw set up it's best that you go in rxtools devmode/pasta mode to update sysnand to 9.2 so you can have a clean full install.
Updates via cartridges may contain a dummy browser which would make it more difficult unless you had CN/OoT3D with 9.2E payload on it to load the cfw again after the update to 9.2 (and to install menuhax/etc.) Dummy browser would render all browser exploits unuseable.

I would check first to see if you are able to use GW go.gateway-3ds.com to load the launcher, then see if you can use rxtools web exploit to load it (because it's probably your only entry point unless you have CN to load ninjhax 1.1b, or gw to downgrade mset, gw's downgrade option to 4.2 -might- work for getting rxtools mset but I'd ask around about that first, it might cause problems later on due to how GW downgrades.)

.3ds roms probably won't update unless using sky3ds, and .cia will never update you. When you can use .cias means you have access to a way of getting rxtools devmode/pasta mode to run sysupdater anyway which is the absolute best way of updating.

Last edited by ,

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help,
If it helps you to help me I infact do have access to both Cubic Ninja and Sky3DS (in sig).
This is my effort to access old firmwares for kernel access rather than my 10.3 N3DS

Once you have cfw set up it's best that you go in rxtools devmode/pasta mode to update sysnand to 9.2 so you can have a clean full install.
Oh, you can work a sysNAND update straight from 7.2? in other posts i've checked they suggest reducing to 4.x before such an update.

Last edited by jonnytron,
D

Deleted-236924

If you can get rxTools running then yeah, you can go in devmode/pasta mode and run sysupdater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.