What to do with my SD card...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by barak06, Nov 16, 2016.

1. barak06
    OP

barak06 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    France
    Ok, i have a 128gb sd card where i put my loadiine games. Now i have brazilian + regionhax + iosu-sysnand
    and a 1tb hd.
    i have eshop games, rom for retroarch... So i have 80gb free. Is it or will it be possible to install brazilian games on it ? If not, why ?

THX

2. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Probably won't be for a while but possible in the future there could be some kind of installable forwarder channel to sdcaffine/loadiine into the SD card.

barak06 likes this.
  3. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Use it for Gamecube games.

barak06 likes this.
  4. castdreams

castdreams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Midwest USA
    Having a bigger SD card will make it easier to install huge batches of games through WUP installer, if that's your kind of thing. But you can't install games directly to your SD card with the Brazillian method.

I only have a 64 GB SD card myself, but I've loaded the following onto it:
    1. A hand full of my favorite Gamecube games for Nintendont
    2. Complete ROMsets for NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, and a good selection of other ROMs.
    3. A modpack I made for Smash 4
    4. Loadiine compatible versions of retail-only/out of region games that I can't install via USB yet.
    5. A massive selection of Wii and Wii U homebrew

Honestly even with all of that I still have like 20GB on my SD card free. I think I'll probably just use the rest of the space for ROMs to play in Retroarch

5. barak06
    OP

barak06 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    France
    May i also put some wbfs games ?

6. castdreams

castdreams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Midwest USA
    I haven't tried it myself since I have all my Wii backups on a U-stealthed HDD, but I don't see why not. GC games from SD works perfectly on the vWii side of things.

7. Blubberman4U

Blubberman4U GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    some external usb card reader/writers are recognized on wiiu so you can format your SD card as a 128gb wiiu usb HD. Handy for testing things or making some backups of your important saves and even backup the sdcard on a pc with a raw image creation tool.