Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I got a PS3 from someone for free. The disk drive is broken. The firmware on it is 2.60. It can JB'ed, can have CFW installed, or an other OS can be installed. What do you guys think I should do.

I'm also considering this guide.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
So I got a PS3 from someone for free. The disk drive is broken. The firmware on it is 2.60. It can JB'ed, can have CFW installed, or an other OS can be installed. What do you guys think I should do.

Pretty sure it would be stupid to follow that guide as it's outdated.

I would install CFW.(If you want OtherOS you could still probably get it on CFW.)
Download and install Rebug CFW(hands down the best FW)
Install a Backup loader(Probably MultiMan)
Install Emus and other wanted homebrew.
Then just do whatever you want with it.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Scott-105 said:

I would install CFW.(If you want OtherOS you could still probably get it on CFW.)
Oh, so that guide is outdated? Do you have another guide I could follow? I think I'll do the Rebug CFW.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Scott-105 said:

Oh, so that guide is outdated? Do you have another guide I could follow? I think I'll do the Rebug CFW.
Its not outdated but there are going to be some inaccuracies.
I'd say your best bet is to just google Rebug CFW then you can follow the instructions on how to install.(Guides are cool but they weaken your understanding if they arent written well)
Then just head over to psx-scene to grab homebrews and multiman.
To install homebrew and multiman you just download the .pkg files then place them in the root of your usb device and then hit Install Package Files after installing Rebug and let them install.
If you need more help just PM me.

FORGOT ONE THING

Google 3.55 OFW and install that first before rebug.

Might be complications otherwise.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.6 is not needed for anything now adays (except Other OS, but there's go arounds for that now), just install 3.55 and then install kmearw (however you spell it) CFW 3.55. Make sure you find and install the BDEMU package to have the blu ray drive work (even though it's not presently working physically). Install multiman and use an external drive and you're good to go.

Wynd

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wyndcrosser said:
2.6 is not needed for anything now adays (except Other OS, but there's go arounds for that now), just install 3.55 and then install kmearw (however you spell it) CFW 3.55. Make sure you find and install the BDEMU package to have the blu ray drive work (even though it's not presently working physically). Install multiman and use an external drive and you're good to go.

Wynd
I have Rebug on it right now.

Also, I have a game (Catherine) on my external drive, but multiman does not detect. It's in a "Games" folder. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho