Hardware what the hell happened to my switch?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 27,448
  • Replies 175
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
we can rule out the table finish, the table is plywood and the "finish" is printed on, my sister woke up and started looking in to calling nintendo support

apparently it's a 3 month warranty, we might be fucked

D

Deleted User

OP
3 months for accessories, 12 months for hardware apparently. and batteries are typically considered accessories

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
3 months for accessories, 12 months for hardware apparently. and batteries are typically considered accessories
But the battery is non-removable in the Switch. I'm pretty sure it's part of the hardware.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

But your switch got damaged so it should be under hardware warranty.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do lithium-ion batteries even contain acid? I thought we left acidic components behind back in the lead-acid days. I might be wrong though.
In any case, it could easily be any other kind of corrosive compound or irritant, probably best to wash your hands and avoid making direct skin contact with the console.
Contact Nintendo ASAP.

If the Switch still powers on and you happen to have access to another console (even if it's a friend's), you should be able to transfer your user profile and game saves across as temporary backup before sending the console in to Nintendo.
No, battery acid is just a name the stuck.

Its like killer whale. The actual name should be whale killer.

Or egg plant. Its not actually an egg.
Cat fish is not half fish and half cat. Its just a fish.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
This is turning into an episode of Eastenders, just RMA it and they will replace within a week or 2.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The combination of sweat, and vaginal discharge that collects in and around a girls vagina after any strenuous exercise, usually a night of dancing at a club.
This combination of fluids creates a liquid so sour, it can literally dissolve the tastebuds right off your tongue!!
See. groin juice

Dude, i just went down on that chick in the bathrooms and now i cant feel my tongue!! That was some serious battery acid!!

Source urbandictionary

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Deleted-355425

EmperorX

Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
If it's still fully working then just get yourself a replacement shell. You can find many online and they're pretty cheap. The back of your switch will look like it's brand new ;)

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will replace the switch free of charge, so long as you registered it with them. Looks like it got too hot or as said before, the battery may be the cause. Your purchases can be transferred to your new system. Your saves on the other hand, they may or may not be lost. Maybe you'll be lucky and they will be able to transfer all your stuff for you. My original was booting to some error a couple months after launch so I sent it in. They were able to fix it and I kept every bit of data I had on it. Good luck.

D

Deleted User

OP
Nintendo will replace the switch free of charge, so long as you registered it with them. Looks like it got too hot or as said before, the battery may be the cause. Your purchases can be transferred to your new system. Your saves on the other hand, they may or may not be lost. Maybe you'll be lucky and they will be able to transfer all your stuff for you. My original was booting to some error a couple months after launch so I sent it in. They were able to fix it and I kept every bit of data I had on it. Good luck.
nope. not free, it's gonna cost us $100 + shipping to get it replaced.

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it has to do with the battery leaking... I think it has something to do with overheating. The heat sink and the fan are both located near the affected area and there is a metal shroud covering the internals . Either way Nintendo's manufacturer warranty doesn't cover physical damages.

They do if it's the fault of the craftsmanship. I would put money on it that they will replace it. Assuming you didn't do anything like spill water or something on it first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope. not free, it's gonna cost us $100 + shipping to get it replaced.
Again, it is the cost if you are out of warranty or if the damage was your fault. Call them. I will try to find and upload my paperwork I received from them later on.

Nintendo warranty in English:
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp

Last edited by zeveroth,
D

Deleted User

OP
when we filled out the repair form online we weren't able to set it as a hardware issue because the reason is the battery, so even if restricted to being internal, the battery still counts as an accessory, and we have to pay for the replacement warranty

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It does sound like battery leakage, judging by the way the liquid looks and the damage it did to the left side of the case (it seems like the corrosive material could had some action on it). If i was you i'd probs try to talk to Walmart and try to claim it as defect from the manufacturer.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
when we filled out the repair form online we weren't able to set it as a hardware issue because the reason is the battery, so even if restricted to being internal, the battery still counts as an accessory, and we have to pay for the replacement warranty
Call Nintendo. It shouldn't be seen as an accessory.

Reactions: zeveroth

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the issue the way you tackle the claim, you can just all in and claim it was a battery leakage and imply you do not think its anything different and should be able to claim regardless under the warranty, whereas if you hint that it could be something else, then really its a get out for nintendo to claim its not their fault and charge you basically 100 to swap out/trade to a new console, comes down to what you have done already, if you have entered the switch serial and logged any info etc could well be screwed as maybe implied its a unknown issue, they could easily turn around and nix the claim, saying your at fault for damage caused, you could be able to find in local walmart or similar something that can test for acidity etc ,and that maybe can confirm if the substance is acid based ala battery, if that tests negative then could well be a sticky candy, soda, reaction to surface of the table, or 101 other things, a cheap test that such as used for fish tanks might work, need to at least have some more knowledge before trying to take on a claim IMO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.