What the hell happened to my game? (Skyrim)

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Seliph, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Today I've been having 3-5 minute loading screens when usually it only takes a minute to load most things, my game has been crashing for seemingly no reason and there are other weird bugs (Character being stuck on t-pose when riding a horse, lag when there was none yesterday and delayed sound effects). I've got no clue what's going on.
    Yesterday, my game was perfectly fine and it ran really well, then today I decide to install a mod for a custom home (Whiterun Mansion) after I installed that my game seemed laggy so I uninstalled it so I could download Raven's Breezehome. I went to Breezehome to clear out all of my stuff and as I was bringing my follower out of the home the infinite load screen glitch occurred. After that, I couldn't load into my game without having the infinite load screen glitch happening so I installed Safety Load to fix that. After that, the infinite load screen glitch stopped but load times increased to 3-5 minutes and that was about it. Then later on my game goes to absolute shit and starts randomly crashing and lagging out of nowhere and I have no clue why. Any idea why this would happen?
    Mods I installed today:
    Whiterun Mansion (uninstalled now)
    Raven's Breezehome
    Multiple Floors Sandboxing
    My home is your home
    Colorful lights-no shadows
    FPS Limiter (both Colorful lights and FPS limiter were installed to see if I could fix the lag, it didn't help)
    Like I said, my computer was working fine yesterday and my load order seems to be fine. My computer isn't super fast, it's just a basic laptop but it can run any game I want to run fine at medium settings.
    Here's my load order if that'll help:
    Load order
    I also use "I Can't Believe it's Not ENB" but that shouldn't be a problem because it ran fine yesterday. I've installed the SKSE patch to try fix my problem but it didn't fix it either.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated, my best guess is that my save got corrupted somehow but I'm not sure.

2. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    My experience with uninstalling mods always leaves me just starting a new file. Something always happens to be missing where the save file is expecting it and it just ends up not being worth the trouble. I know that's not terribly helpful for you, but it's the best I have lol.

If you have autosaves enabled or just keep a stockpile of saves, maybe try loading a save before you installed the problematic mod?

3. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Yeah, I'll try that

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Dude it worked you're my hero