Homebrew What the crap just happened?

GunstarX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used Waninkoko's 4.0U firmware updater on my US Wii. Than I attempted to load NSMBW using Neo Gamma R8. It got green screened, nothing new. But now, the Wii turns on, but there is no video showing up on my TV. I spent a good few minutes fiddling with the AV cables, but that doesn't seem to do anything. What the crap just happened and how can I fix it?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
restore a NAND dump if you have one with Bootmii/boot2 if you have that and if not its a Ninty refurb for you unfortunatly

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to get somebody to send you the bootmii files and put them on your SD card. bootmii should have written them to your SD card in order for you to make a nand dump. so it will be a folder called bootmii with a armboot.bin and a ppcelf in it. if there is a ini file, delete teh line that says autoboot. then put your nand dump on the sd card and keys.bin if you have it and turn the fucker on.

GunstarX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just want to clarify. There is a ppcboot.elf in there.

And the boot.ini says this
QUOTE said:
# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

What part do I delete there? The three lines with autoboot? Or the entire paragraphs?
Also, what about a keys.bin? Also, where do I get this Nand dump and do I just put it on the root?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
no need to change anything there, the lines are already commented out to bee ignored, so if you do have boot me as boot2 make sure the NAND dump is on the root of the SD with your NAND key and put the SD in the Wii and if you got boot mii as boot2 it should load once you press the power button

if you have already hacked your wii and have HBC set the .ini to

QUOTE said:
# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=HBC

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

get and then load ATD(Any Title Deleter DB) which you can get from wiibrew(google it) and delete(not recommended if your not sure what your doing or even if you dont know what it is) IOS60 stub then use dopIOS MOD(also from wiibrew) to redownload and install the previous version of IOS60 if your on SM4.0/4.1 then you should have a functional Wii again, but that if you have bootmii/boot2 and not IOS

but i could be wrong so dont qoute me on this

GunstarX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I upgraded to 4.0U.

Can someone please tell me straight up how set this up so I can reboot to a working IOS. I have limited time here and I'd at least like to have this back up and running by tonight. I don't know what ATD stands for, I might if you spelled it out, but I'm pretty sure I don't know anything that fits ATD. Also, I'm not very up to the lingo here, I don't usually go here that much, so if one of you would be so kind as to dumb it down a bit, I'd really appreciate that.

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
if you have bootmii installed into boot2, then when it boots, assuming you've got an SD card in with the bootmii files on, you should be able to get to the homebrew channel and from there repair the damage.
If you haven't got bootmii installed into boot2 (i.e. you installed it as an IOS or haven't installed it at all) then it is not so simple...

If you've got the bootmii files on your SD but bootmii never shows and you do have bootmii installed, then check out the ini file, to see if the bootdelay is set to 0. If it is you'll need to change this to 5 or 10 to give you some time to do something.

If you're unsure of whether you have bootmii boot2 installed, you can boot without the sd card in and look for the tray light flashes when you turn the wii on (i think - a search on here should confirm what you are looking for)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1