Gaming What should i get for my Birthday?

chadtheyakuza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plus you got like 6 months until August man. Maybe you can get some deals on the older games by then. Sucks you have to wait that long though I'm sure your itching to play. Good luck!

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm borowing a 360 from a friend and played some games, gears of wars, saints row, crackdown, assasins creed

All nice games.. but I'm a difficult gamer.. they where not able to amuse me very long.. So i'm going to borrow a wii next week and see if that fits me better..

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Crud Double Post.

hahahaha

Don't get the maths either?

$100 for player. $10 saving per disk. Buy 15 movies on HD DVD instead of the same on BD. 15*10=$150. -$100 = $50.

You save $50.

Yeah, You buy $250 worth a crap which in 2 months will be worthless. Then He'll have to spend even more money on a BD Player. What don't you understand? Paramount went Blu, Univeral is Blu. HD-DVD is dead. It's a waste of money to invest in all that, NOW.

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
judging by the price of blue ray players,
and the discounts you could get from hd-dvds. i'd say you are wrong.

you could buy a hd-dvd player + 20 dvds for HALF THE PRICE/maybe less of a blue ray player and 20 dvds.

and once the price comes down on blue-ray players you could buy one.

its not really that much of an investment judging the price they will be now its become redundant.

get off the blue-ray band-wagon and see logic.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crud Double Post.

hahahaha

Don't get the maths either?

$100 for player. $10 saving per disk. Buy 15 movies on HD DVD instead of the same on BD. 15*10=$150. -$100 = $50.

You save $50.

Yeah, You buy $250 worth a crap which in 2 months will be worthless. Then He'll have to spend even more money on a BD Player. What don't you understand? Paramount went Blu, Univeral is Blu. HD-DVD is dead. It's a waste of money to invest in all that, NOW.

Why is this concept of saving money so hard? Do they stop working in 2 months? No, they keep playing back the same quality content as BD. Do I need to do the maths again?

You spend $400 on a player and buy 20 BD disk for $20 each. That is $400. You could spend $100 on an HD DVD player and those same 20 movies for $10. That is $300.

In conclusion: If you like HD content and the 400+ tiitles already out, it makes perfect sense to get then in HD DVD rather than blu-ray.

J

Jackreyes

Not really because we know that Blu-ray has won.
buying a HD player for 20 movies is pointless.
At least with Blu-ray you know there'll be more to get in the future

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Not really because we know that Blu-ray has won.
buying a HD player for 20 movies is pointless.
At least with Blu-ray you know there'll be more to get in the future

You don't get the math either?

You don't seem to get it. Sure you get those movies, Which might be cheap, BUT since they will stop making movies for HD-DVD, ( I think they already stopped? ), You'll be getting a bad deal. With Blu you won't have to worry about new movies, with an HD player you won't get the new movies, You'll have to be with the old stuff. I'm sure people won't watch the same 20-30 movies over and over. Blu has a wider selection of movies and is just increasing. HD has less and it's not getting any bigger. I don't your saying you get it for cheap and all, BUT soon you won't be able to get the new movies which makes it pointless investing on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated