What should I do?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kama, Aug 12, 2009.

1. kama
    OP

kama Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    As some of you may know already, I was stupid and installed a System Menu to get rid of Preloader. The screen is black and SaveMiiFrii doesn't seem to be working. Today I went to a game store and they had a used Wii (+ Controller & Chuck + everything else) for $200. It was also LU50, which I'm pretty sure is good in terms of Softmodding. So, I woud like to get your guys' opinions. What should I do?

Get the $200 LU50

Send in my Wii and hope they don't charge me an extra $100. Also, I take the risk of them giving me a higher LU, which I read is worse for Softmodding.

Something else

Thank you for your help

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    1] Call 1-800-255-3700.
    2] Pay the 90 something dollars to replace your Wii. [they wont charge you no extra anything]
    3] Wait for your replacement.
    4] Follow my guide correctly.

As for serial numbers i doubt they will give you a LU64+ model, but even if they were to you can still mod it with my guide.

3. kama
    OP

kama Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    I'm pretty sure I heard that if they found modded content then they'll charge you extra for fixing it. If they're not, I'll just send it in. Thanks for the reply.

4. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    no they wont. i guarantee you. just tell them you updated via the settings and you got a black screen

5. tanis698

tanis698 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2009
    United States
    mine was softmodded and they didn't charge me. it was under warranty. i told them it stopped working when i updated with a game.was a lu65 they sent me a lu59

6. Hooblah2u2

Hooblah2u2 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2009
    United States
    How do you check the "LU__"?
    Thanks.

7. kama
    OP

kama Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    Look at the number on the bottom of your Wii. It reads LU########. The first 2 numbers after LU are it.